Chief EditorArvind kumar
Print ISSN 0253-150X
Online ISSN 0976-0547
NAAS Rating 4.75
LEAF AREA ESTIMATION OF FLEMINGIA SEMIALATA ROXB. BY UNEAR REGRESSION
leaf area with high accuracy, correlation and regression analysis was conducted by taking
actual leaf area by graphical method as dependent and' 10 easily accessible leaf parameters as
independent variable and also by calculating correction factors. The result indicated that all
the 10 independent variables have highly significant positive correlation, contributing significantly
to the variation recorded in the dependent variable. considering coefficient of determination
obtained in each case it can also be said that the petiole length (Xl) Cilone may
explain, towards the lower side, 61.38% while the total calculated leaf area (sum L x B of
three leaflets), to the higher side, may explC'in 99.4% of variation in the adual leaf area.
Comparative efficiency of correction factor and four most efficient RE derived for easily
accessible parameters, clearly indicated the least deviation from the actual area and estimated
area in case of RE for calculated leaf aera where as the highest in case of RE for the third
leaflet. length. Thus, two separate RE for estimation of leaf area for a single leaf and for
Ii!rger leaves sample have been proposed and discussed.
- Bharat, B. et al. (l,SJ88). Sci. Cult., 54 : 200-202.
- Hegde, D.M. (1979). Curr. Sci., 48 : 319-320.
- Hopkins, J.w. (1939). Can. J. Res. 17 : 300-3.04.
- Johnson, R.E. (1967). Agran. J., 59 : 493-494.
- Kumar, P. eta/. (1997). J. Non-Timber Forest Products. 4 : 175.
- Lal, R.N. and Suba Rao, M.S. (1950). Sci. Cult., 15 : 355-356.
- Montagomery, E.e. (1911). 24th Ann. Rep. Nebarsk Agric. Expt. Sta., 111-159.
- Murugesh, M. et aJ. (1998), Indian J. Forestry, 21 : 365-366.
- Rao, J'v. (1978). Curr. Sci., 47 : 741-742.
- Singh, B.P. (1992) Indian Forester, U8 : 438-440.
- Wierma, J.v. and Bailery, T.B. (1975j. Agron. J. 67 : 26-30
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.