Chief EditorArvind kumar
Print ISSN 0253-150X
Online ISSN 0976-0547
NAAS Rating 4.75
EFFECT OF LOW PLASTIC TUNNELS ON FLOWERING AND FRUIT SETI1NG OF WINTER TOMATO
winter-spring season for two years. All the covered treatments significantly increased the number of .flowers per cluster, per cent short-styled flowers and per cent fruit set over the control, wh~reas, p~r cent long-styled flowers progressively decreased with the increase in gauge of the plastic. Plasticcoverings also reduced number of days to fruit set and first harvest as compared to uncovered treatment.
- Calvert, A. (1965). N.A.A.S.QRev. 70: 79-88.
- Charles, W.B. and Harris, R.E. (1972). Can. J. PI. Sci. 52 : 497-506.
- Dobos, L. (1983). Zoldsegtermesztesi Kutato Intezct BuUentinje. 16: 71-82.
- Gautam, R.R. etal. (1981). HaryanaJ. Hort. Sci. 10 : 81-85.
- Gent, M.P.N. (1990). Applied Agric. Res. 5 : 112-118.
- Kumar, Ravinder and Srivastava, BK (1997). Veg. Sci. 24 : 83-86.
- Short, T.H. and Kretchman, DW. (1974). Am. Veg. Grower 22 : 24-26.
- Turna, H.S. (1980). M.Sc. Thesis, G.B. Pant Univ. of Agric. & Tech., Pantnagar 84 p.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.