- Dewey, D.R. and Lu, K.H. (195::1) Agro. J. 515-518.
- Rao, S.K. (1996a) Agril. Sci. Digest 16:230-232.
- Rao, S.K. (1996b) Agril. Sci. Digest 16:209-212.
- Rao, S.K. (1997) Agril. Sci. Digest 17:141-143.
- Rao, S.K. (1998) AgriJ. Sci. Digest 18: 19-22
Forty short duration des! chickpea genotypes obtained through single, double and
multiple crosses Involving genetically diverse parents have been evaluated for developmental
and morphologlc31 trlIits Including ulological yield and harvest Index. Maximum variation was
observed for biological yleJc. .,:,1Iowed by seed yield. Low variabUity was observed for days to
maturity followed by days to 50% flowering. Blol:>glcal yield had a positive association with
harvest Index. Pod bearing length had positive association with 100 seed weight, seed yield
and biological yield. Path coefflelent analysis indiO\ted the rnmdmum contribution of biological
yield followed by harvest Index towards seed yield. M'lltlple regression analysis also indicated
the sImI1ar findings.