NATURAL ENEMY COMPLEX OF HELICOVERPA ARMIGERA HUBN. IN DURG
Citation :- NATURAL ENEMY COMPLEX OF HELICOVERPA ARMIGERA HUBN. IN DURG.Agricultural Science Digest.2000.(20):17-20
Population of gram pod borer Hellcoverpa armlgera (Hubn.) and their biological
suppressing agents were studied at four places. Maximum pod borer population
(10.8 ± 4.9 larvae/m!) was recorded at Bhendari followed by Chamarl (9.8± 3.1
larvae/m2). Natural enemy play a key role In population suppression of pod borer
and dl,lrlng peak 52.7 to 90.196 parasitization were noticed In different location.
Among natural enemy recorded, fungi, Beauvarla basslana Balsamo and Ichneumonid,
Campoletls chlorldeae Uchida were dominant and during their peak Infectivity
were ranged from 2.4± 1.8 to 5.0±4.0 Infected larvae/m2 and from 1.8± 1.0 to
4.0± 1.5 diseased larvae/m2 at different location respectively. Carcella sp. and
Erlborus sp. were minor In status.
- Bhatnagar, V.S. and Davies J.C. (1978). Cropping entomology. Progress Report 1977-78.
- ICRISAT, Patancheru A.P. India 30 pp.
- Diwakar, J. and Pawar, A.D. (1979). PI. Prot. Bu//. 31(1-4):112-117.
- Jaroslav, W. and Briggs, J. (1982). In:Microbial control of Insect and Mites (Ed. H.D. Burges
- and N.W. Hussey). Academic Press, London, 13-16pp.
- Natarajan, K. and Sundara Murthy, V.T. (1990). In: Proc.Natn. Workshop Heliothis management. TNAU Coimbatore. 216-222 pp.
- Sankaran, T. (1977) PANS; 23:371-378.
- Shrivastava, S.K. and Yadav, K.P. (1990). J. Appl. Zool. Res. 1:82-83.