- Dewey, D.R. and Lu, K.H. (195::1) Agro. J. 515-518.
- Rao, S.K. (1996a) Agril. Sci. Digest 16:230-232.
- Rao, S.K. (1996b) Agril. Sci. Digest 16:209-212.
- Rao, S.K. (1997) Agril. Sci. Digest 17:141-143.
- Rao, S.K. (1998) AgriJ. Sci. Digest 18: 19-22,
Forty short duration desi chickpea genotypes obtained through single, double and multiple crosses involving genetically diverse parents have been evaluated for developmental and morphological traits including biological yield and harvest index. Maximum variation was observed for biological yield followed by seed yield. Low variability was observed for days to maturity followed by days to 50% flowering. Biobgical yield had a positive association with harvest index. Pod bearing length had positive association with 100 seed weight, seed yield and biological yield. Path coefficient analysis indici\ted the maximum conbibution of biological yield followed by harvest index towards seed yield. Mutiple regression analysis also indicated the similar findings.