EVALUATION OF F5 PROGENIES OF GROUNDNUT FOR PHYSIOLOGICAL TRAITS WHICH CO}.JFER WATER USE EFFICIENCY
Citation :- EVALUATION OF F5 PROGENIES OF GROUNDNUT FOR PHYSIOLOGICAL TRAITS WHICH CO}.JFER WATER USE EFFICIENCY.Agricultural Science Digest.2001.(21):170 - 172
Fifty six F 5 progenies of eight groundnut crosses were evaluated for physiological attributes which confer water use efficiency. Three checks viz. Tirupati 1 (existing popular variety of the tract), lCGV 86031 (with high water use efficiency or low specific leaf area) and TAG 24 (with high harvest index) were included in the study. The study indicated the scope for isolation of lines with desirable combination of physiological traits along with high pod yield in groundnut. Progenies 1,2,6 and 7 of lCGV 86031 x TG 26; progenies 3 and 4 of TAG 24 x Tirupati 1; progeny 7 of TG 26 x JL24 and progeny 2 of TAG 24 x JL24 appear to be promising in this direction.
- Blum, A. (1983). In : Plant production and management under drought conditions (eds Stone, J.E and Willis W.O.).
- Amsterdam, Netherlands, pp 195-205.
- Farquhar, G.D. and Richards, R.A. (1984). Aust. J. PI. Physiol. 11:539-525.
- Passioura, J.B. (1983). Agric. Water Mgmt. 7:263-280.
- Wright, G.c. et al. (1994). Crop Sci., 34:92-97