IMPACT OF NATIONAL WATERSHED DEVELOPMENT PROJECT ON RAIN FED AGRICULTURE IN ALWAR DISTRICT OF RAJASTHAN
Citation :- IMPACT OF NATIONAL WATERSHED DEVELOPMENT PROJECT ON RAIN FED AGRICULTURE IN ALWAR DISTRICT OF RAJASTHAN.Agricultural Science Digest.2001.(21):157 - 160
The study was conducted in Indrada watershed area of Alwar district of Rajasthan in the reference year 1998–99. The main objective of study was to assess the impact of national watershed development project on rainfed agriculture. A sample of 75 respondents comprising of 50 beneficiaries and 25 non-beneficiaries was studied. It was revealed that average size of operated area, NCA, GCA, cropping intensity and irrigation intensity for beneficiaries were moderately higher than those for non-beneficiaries. The study indicated that watershed projects have helped significantly in raising the underground water table in the area under study. A shift in area under low productive crops to high productive and more remunerative crops was observed in case of beneficiaries. The average productivity of almost all crops was found to the higher side for beneficiaries than those for non-beneficiaries.
- Hazra. c.R. (1997). Fertil. News. 42 : 51-61
- Kurothe, RS. et al. (1997). CSWCRTI Bulletin, No. T-36/V-1, IX + 63 pp.
- Mahandule. DK et al. (1991). Indian. J. Agric. Econ., 46 : 276.
- Norman, T.S.J. et al. (1991). Indian. J. Agric. Econ., 46 : 302-303
- Shah, V.D.; and Patel, V.G. (1996). Impact of national watershed development project for rainfed areas (NWDPRA) in Gujarat, Khaira, India, Research study. Agro-Economic Research Centre, Sardar Patel University, No. 102, 176 pp.
- Singh, PK et al. (1995). J. Rural Develop., 14: 107-116.