EFFECT OF SOWING DATES ON ENERGY BALANCE AND YIELD IN RAYA (BRASSICA JUNCEA)
Citation :- EFFECT OF SOWING DATES ON ENERGY BALANCE AND YIELD IN RAYA (BRASSICA JUNCEA).Agricultural Science Digest.2001.(21):118· 120
An experiment was conducted to study the effect of sowing dates (20 th October, 10 th and 30 th November) on energy balance as well as yield and yield attributes in Brassica juncea Var. RH 30 under different treatment dUring 1992 in rabi season. The net radiation, solar radiation, short wave reflectiVity and soil heat flux were measured at different phenological phases. The sensible heat flux and soil heat flux were low at flowering stage and increased at pod setting and maturity staga. While laten, heat flux followed opposite pattern i.e. more at flowering and less at pod setting and maturity phase in all the treatments. Short wave reflectivity was higher in early sown crop. The seed yield was significantly higher in 20 th October (2049.73 kg/ha) than 10 th November (1437.3 kg/ha.) and 30 th November (915.08 kg/ha.) sowing dates. Growth and micrometebrological parameters were also best in case of 20 th October sown crop.
- Denmead, a.T.. and McUo~. I.C. (1970). Agric. MeteoroL 7: 285-302.
- Fritschen, L.J. (1965). Agron. J. 58: 339-343.
- Rao, V.U.M. etal. (1986). HAUJ. Res. 16: 150-155.
- Sharma, S. D. et al. (1989). HAUJ. Res. 19 (3) : 205-213.
- Stanhill, G.G. et al. (1966). Qurt. J. R. MeteoroJ. Soc, 92 :128-140.