ASSOCIATION OF YIELD AND ITS COMPONENTS IN INDIAN MUSTARD [BRASSICA JUNCEA (L.) CZERN AND COSS]
Citation :- ASSOCIATION OF YIELD AND ITS COMPONENTS IN INDIAN MUSTARD [BRASSICA JUNCEA (L.) CZERN AND COSS].Agricultural Science Digest.2001.(21):83 - 86
Correlation and path coefficient analysis were studied in 14 traits over sixteen genotypes of Indian mustard. Seed yield was positively correlated with stem diameter, number of siliquae per plant and oil content. Whereas oil content was positively correlated with harvest index only. Path analysis revealed that out of the three characters which were positively correlated with seed yield, only number of siliquae per plant had positive and high direct effect. The positive correlation of other traits was mainly due their indirect effects via: one or other characters like test weight, number of siliquae per plant and number of seeds persiliqua.
- Behl, R.K. et a/. (1992). Indian J. Genet. 52: 280-284.
- Dewey, DR and Lu, K.H. (1959). Agron. J., 51: 513-518.
- Fisher, R.A. (1954). Statistical Methods for Research Workers. Biological Monograph and Manuals. 12th ed.-.Oliver
- &Boyer Ltd., London, 5: 130-131. -
- Kumar, Narendra eta/. (1988).lndianJ. Agric. Sci.. 58: 51-52.
- Pathak, H.C. etal. (1984). Madras Agric. J., 71: 758-762.
- Singh eta/. (1988). HAUJ. Res. 18: 21-25.
- Singh, H. eta/. .(1985\. HAUJ. Res., 15:295-299.