BIOLOGY OF ACHAEA JANATA LINNEAUS ON CASTOR AND ROSE
Citation :- BIOLOGY OF ACHAEA JANATA LINNEAUS ON CASTOR AND ROSE.Agricultural Science Digest.2002.(22):213 - 214
Biology of Achaea janata Linneaus was studied on the two principal hosts viz., castor and rose to find suitable host for development of this insect under laboratory conditions. Castor was found more suitable host than rose on the basis of more number of eggs, shorter larval and pupal period with lower larval and pupal mortality and higher per cent adult emergence.
- Byale, A.N. and Bilapate, G.G. (1990). J. Maharashtra Agric. Univ. 15:10-12.
- Gaikwad, B.B. and Bilapate, G.G. (1993). J. Maharashtra Agric. Univ. 18: 1-2.
- Gaikwad, B.B. et al (1993). J. Maharashtra Agric. Univ. 18:2-4.
- Khan, M.C. (1946). IndianJ. Ent. 7:111-115.
- Painter, R.N. (1951). Insect Resistance in Crop Plants. Macmillan, New York.
- Pandey, N.D. etal. (1967). LabdevJ. Sci. Technol5: 127-128.
- Srivastava, RP. and Pandey, Y.D. (1966). Ann. Arid. Zone. 5:87-96.