EFFECT OF INTERCROPPING ON WEED DYNAMICS
Citation :- EFFECT OF INTERCROPPING ON WEED DYNAMICS.Agricultural Science Digest.2002.(22):138 - 139
A field experiment was carried out in randomized block design during 2000 with various intercropping systems using maize, sorghum, sunflower and black gram to study their suppression effect on weeds and to formulate a new intercropping system which has the higher weed suppressing potential. The result indicated that maize + sunflower + black gram intercropping system was very effective in weed suppression which recorded lowest weed occurrence and higher benefit cost ratio.
- Narwal, S.S. (1996). Potentials and prospect~ lof allelopathy mediated weed control for sustainable agriculture.
- Allelopathy in pest management. vo: 2. Scientific Publishers Jodhpur pp. 23-66.
- Piedrahita, (1975). Revista Comalli 2: 89-103.
- Putnam, A.R. and Duke, W.B. (1974). Science 185: 370-371.
- Rajavel, M. et al. (2001). Kisan World 28(1): 3'/+38.