PATH ANALYSIS IN RELATION TO SELECTION IN CHICKPEA
Citation :- PATH ANALYSIS IN RELATION TO SELECTION IN CHICKPEA.Agricultural Science Digest.2002.(22):132 - 133
In a randomized experiment 40 genotypes were evaluated for yield and its component traits. Correlation among all the characters computed and subjected to path analysis. Biological yield exhibited highest positive correlation with seed yield coupled with highest positive direct effect on it. Biological yield, pods/plant, 100-seed weight and first pod forming node found to be the major yield contributor traits from selection point of view.
- Arora. P.P. and Kumar, L. (1994). Indian J Pulses Res. 7:177-178.
- Arora, P. P. and Jeena, A. S. (1998). Int. J. Agric. BioI. Res. 14:9-11.
- DEwey D. R. and Lu, K. H. (1959). Agron. J. 51:515-518.
- Rao, C. R. (1952). Advanced Statistical Methods in Biometrical Research. Edn.1. John Wiley and Sons, New York.
- Searle, S.R. (1961). Biometrics 17:474-480.
- vadav, R. K. (1990). Indian J. Pulses Res. 3:107-110.