STUDIES ON DUAL PURPOSE RICE BASED CROPPING SYSTEMS
Citation :- STUDIES ON DUAL PURPOSE RICE BASED CROPPING SYSTEMS.Agricultural Science Digest.2002.(22):75 - 78
Two green manures Sesbania aculeata and Sesbania rostrata were intercropped with greengram and redgram and incorporated to the follow up rice crop treated with three levels of N at 0, 50, and 100 kg N ha −1. Results indicated that loss in yield of grain legumes due to intercropping was well compensated by the green manure contribution to the succeeding rice. Rice yield obtained with incorporation of S. rostrata and 50 kg N ha −1 was higher than that obtained with 100 kg N ha −1 alone thus resulting in a saving of 50 kg of fertilizer N ha −1.
- Bhagat, R.M. eta/. (1988). Oryza. 25: 255-260.
- Lekha Sreekantan and Palaniappan, S.P. (1990l. J. Agron. Crop Sci. 165: 14-18.
- Meelu, D.P. and Morris. RA (1986). PhjJjppineJ. Crop Sci.. 11: 53-59.
- Singh. S. et a/. (1990). Bio/. Ferti/. Soils. 9: 235-238.
- Ventura. W eta/. (1987). PhilippineJ. Crop Sci. 12: 61-69.
- Yadvinder Singh et al. (1991). Adv. AgrO/l. 45: 135-190.