INTERACTIVE EFFECT OF RHiZOBIUMAND PHOSPHATE SOLUBILIZING MICRO-ORGANISMS ON THE SOLUBILIZATION OF INSOLUBLE PHOSPHATE
Citation :- INTERACTIVE EFFECT OF RHiZOBIUMAND PHOSPHATE SOLUBILIZING MICRO-ORGANISMS ON THE SOLUBILIZATION OF INSOLUBLE PHOSPHATE.Agricultural Science Digest.2002.(22):71 - 74
Interactive effect of two strains of pea rhizobia and phosphate solubilizing microorganisms (PSM) on their survival and their effect on phosphate of insoluble phosphate was studied under mixed single inoculum culture using Pikovskaya's and Nutrient agar containing tricalcium phosphate (TCP) medium. The total viable counts of Rhizobium strains increased upto 3 days, while, phosphate solubilizing microorganisms (PSM) was increased upto 7 days. Pea Rhizobium strains PR6300 grew well in Pikovskaya medium and had higher viable coUnts than nutrient agar medium. The combination of Rhizobium PR6300 and Bacilius polymyxa, BP411 has showed the highest viable counts in Pikovskaya medium. The other combination having Aspergillus awamorishowed antagonistic effect on the growth of both rhizobial strains (PR6300 and PR6301). The maximum solubilization of insoluble P accompained with the highest downfall in pH was recorded 7 days withAspergillus awamori inoculation alone on Pikovskaya medium. Pikovskaya medium supported the growth of pea Rhizobium strain PR6300 as well as PSM bacterium BP411 with the highest viable counts upto 7 days of inoculation.
- Gaur. AC. (1985). In :. Proc. National Symp. Soil Biology, Hisar. p.125-128.
- John, M.K. (1970). Soil Sci. 109: 214-220.
- Kundu, B.S and Gaur, AC. (1981). Indian J. Agric. Sci. 51: 252-255.
- Louw, HA and Webley, D.M. (1958). NatlJre(Lon.) 182: 1313-1318.
- Phookan, DB. and Shadeque, A. (1994). Indian J. Agric. Sci. 64. 572-573.
- Pikovskaya. Rl. (1948). Mikrobiologia 17: 362-370.
- Poi, SC et al. (1989). Zentralb-flJr Mikrobiologia 144: 249-253.
- Singh, CP. el al. (1982). Rev. Ecol. BioI. De Soil, 19: 17-25.
- Singh, CP. and Amberger, A. (1998). BioresolJrce Tech. 63: 13-16.
- Vincent. J.M. (1970). A Manual for the Practical Study of Root Nodule Bacteria. Blackwell Scientific Pub. Oxford PP 164(8).