CHARACTERIZATION OF. SULPHUR IN RICE-WHEAT GROWING SOILS OF HARYANA
Citation :- CHARACTERIZATION OF. SULPHUR IN RICE-WHEAT GROWING SOILS OF HARYANA.Agricultural Science Digest.2003.(23):32 - 34
Different forms of sulphur (S) were studied in surface soil samples (0–15 cm) in rice-wheat growing areas of Haryana gnd their relationship with physico-chemical properties of the soils. The total S content was found to range from 42.0 mg to 338.0 mg/kg. The average heat soluble S and organic S content were relatively higher (36.2 and 56.3 mg/kg, respectively). Except water soluble S, all the forms of S were positively correlated with organic carbon. The organic carbon of the soil was found to have a greater impact on different S forms folowed by clay content and electrical conductivity.
- Arora, B.R. etal (1988). J.lndianSoc. Soil Sci. , 36: 367-68.
- Aulakh, M.s. and Dev, G. (1976). J. Indian Soc. Soil Sci., 24: 308-13.
- Chesnin, 1.. and Yien, C.H. (1951). Proc. Soil Sci. Soc. Am., 15: 149-51.
- Karwasra, S.PS. et aJ (1986). J. Indian Soc. Soil Sci., 34: 617-18.
- Khera, A.P. eta! (1990).lndianJ. Agric. Chern., 23: 97-102.
- Khurana, M.P.S. et al (1995). Indian J. Agric. Sci., 65: 528-30.
- Mishra UK eta! (1990). J.lndianSoc. Soil Sci., 36: 61-69.
- Pandey, DK et al (1989). J. Indian Soc. Soil Sci., 37: 161-63:
- Singh, S. et al (1993). J. Indian Soc. Soil Sci., 41: 562-63.
- Tripathi, RK et a! (1997). J. Indian Soc. Soil Sci., 45: 386-88.
- Trivedi, SK et a! (1998). J. Indian Soc. Soil Sci., 46: 579-83
- Williams, C.H. and Steinbergs, A. (1959). Aust. J. Agric. Fes., 10: 340-52.