POPULATION DYNAMICS OF APHID, A.' GOSSYPII ON COTTON
Citation :- POPULATION DYNAMICS OF APHID, A.' GOSSYPII ON COTTON.Agricultural Science Digest.2004.(24):48 - 50
Studies on population dynamics of aphid, Aphis gossypii Glover were carried out under field condition in July 1999. The aphids remain active during October to December. However, the highest activity of this pest was observed in the last week of November. The temperature, maximum relative humidity and sunshine hours showed the positive correlation, whereas minimum relative humidity showed the negative correlation with the aphid population. The coccinellid predators showed highly significant positive correlation with the population of aphids.
- Bhutani, DK and Jotwani, M.G. (1984). Insect in Vegetables. Periodical Exp.Book Agency, Delhi, 4~-68p.
- Chandra, S. and Kushwaha, K.S. (1987). IndianJ. Ent., 49: 86-113. I
- Chattopadhyayetal (1996).!ndianJ.Ent., 58: 291-301.
- Gravena, etal (1976). Cientifiea, 4: 231-235.
- Mathur, M.N. and Sharma, GK (1977). Uni. Res. J., 15: 107-108.
- ·Nazato, K. (1987). J. App/. Ent. andZooI.,.31: 162-167. (RAE. (Al 76 (11): 7621}.
- Patel, I. S. and Rote, N.B. (1995). G.A.U Res. J. 21: 127-129.
- Patel, R.C. eta/. (1976). Cun: Sci., 45: 34-35.
- Sundarasmurthy, K. and Basu, A.(1983). Cotton Dev., 13: 35-38.
- Wang, S.2. and Uu, L.T. (1989). Insect Knowledge. 26: 10-14.