RESPONSE OF BRINJAL (SOLANUMMELONGENA L.) HYBRIDS TO VARYING LEVELS OF'NITROGEN APPUCATION
Citation :- RESPONSE OF BRINJAL (SOLANUMMELONGENA L.) HYBRIDS TO VARYING LEVELS OF'NITROGEN APPUCATION.Agricultural Science Digest.2004.(24):33 - 35
An experiment was conducted to evaluate the response of eight hybrids and a check fertilized with tnree levels of nitrogen (100, 150 and 200 kg/ha). Results of yield components (fruit length and fruit girth) and yield (number of fruits and fruit weight) recorded shows that with increasing levels of nitrogen increased the yield and yield components regardless of the hybrids. Among the hybrids the performance of EP 39 x Pusa Kranti was the best followed by EP 165 x Pusa Kranti with reference to number of fruits, fruit weight and fruit yield per plant. Among various levels of nitrogen, 200 kg/ha recorded beneficial result for realizing the yield potential of hybrid brinjal.
- Ghanthi, P. etal (1982). OrissaJ Hort., 10: 24-27.
- Kalyanasundaram, P. and Sambandam, C.N. (1977~78). AnnamaJai Univ. Agrl. Res. Assoc., 7& 8: 12-19.
- Lal, S. and Singh, D.N. (1976). Indian J Hort., 35: 258-261.
- Naik, L.B. etal. (1996). Ann. Agric. Res., 17: 419421.
- Nandekar, D.N. and Sawarkar, S.D. (1990). Orissa J Hort, 18: 1-5.
- Seth, J.N. and Dhauder,D.G. (1970). Prog. Hort., 1: 45-50.
- Sharma, R.C. and Choubey, L.K. (1998). Orissa J Hort., 17: 72-75.
- Venkataswamy, D. et al. (1996). Andhra Agric. J, 43: 56-58