SULPHUR STATUS OF SOILS IN SOME AREAS OF SIRSA DISTRICT UNDER PADDY-WHEAT CROPPING SYSTEM
Citation :- SULPHUR STATUS OF SOILS IN SOME AREAS OF SIRSA DISTRICT UNDER PADDY-WHEAT CROPPING SYSTEM.Agricultural Science Digest.2005.(25):147 - 148
In order to study the plant available sulphur (S) status, 500 surface sample (0–15 cm) depth were collected from three villages under paddy-wheat rotation from Sirsa district of Haryana. The soils are neutral in reaction, non-saline and medium to high in organic carbon content. About 11.67, 1.73 and 11.23 per cent of the samples were below the critical level in available sulphur at Titu Khera, Dhani Gurusar and Ottu village of the district. In total 8.18 per cent of the soils were deficient in available sulphur in the study area. It correlated positively with organic carbon and negatively with the pH of the soils.
- Bhan, C..and Tripathi, BR (1973). J. Indian Soc. Soil Sci., 21: 499-04.
- Chesnin, L. and Yien, C.H. (1951). Proe. Soil Sci. Soc. Am., 15: 149-51.
- Kanwar, J.S. (i963). J. Agrie. SCi., 33: 196-98.
- Puri, AN. (1949). Bull. Imp: Agri. Res. Pusa.206 pp 7.
- Singh, M.v. et al. (1996). Indian J. Agrie. Sci., 6.6: 481~84.
- Walkley, A and Black, CA (1934). Soil Sci.,. 37: 29-38.
- Williams, C.H. and Steinber!Js, A (1959). Aust. J. Agrie. Res., 10: 340-52.