GENETIC ANALYSIS OF WHEAT VARIETIES FOR YIELD AND ITS COMPONENTS
Citation :- GENETIC ANALYSIS OF WHEAT VARIETIES FOR YIELD AND ITS COMPONENTS.Agricultural Science Digest.2005.(25):145 - 146
Fifty varieties of wheat were evaluated during 1999–2000 to study the genetic parameters and their association with grain yield. Higher genotypic and phenotypic coefficient of variation were observed for effective tillers/plant, grain yield/plant, biological yield/plant and grains/ear. Heritability and genetic advance was high for these characters. Significant contribution of additive. genetic variance appeared to be operative for all the above characters. Biological yield/plant, effective tillers/plant and harvest index showed significant positive correlation with grain yield/plant. Hence selection for these characters might be as effective as direct selection of yield itself.
- Panse, V.G. and Sukhatme: P.V(1989). Statistical Methods for Agricultural Workers. ICAR, New Delhi.
- Johnson, H.w. et al. (1955). Agron. J., 47: 314-318.
- Jagshoran (1995). IndianJ. Genet., 55: 406-409.
- Deswal, RK et al. (1996). Ann. BioI., 12: 221-224.
- Yadav, RK and Mishra, RK (1993). Agric. Sci. .Digest, 13: 6-8.
- Singh, I. and Sharma, SK (1994). HAU J. Res., 24: 33-38.
- Sanjari, A.G. (1994).' Seed and Plants, 9: 15-20.