OPTIMISATION OF FERTIUSER REQUIREMENTS FOR RICE BY DIFFERENT STATISTICAL MODELS - A COMPARISON
Citation :- OPTIMISATION OF FERTIUSER REQUIREMENTS FOR RICE BY DIFFERENT STATISTICAL MODELS - A COMPARISON.Agricultural Science Digest.2005.(25):139 -141
Field experiments were conducted with rice - rice - pulse sequence on an Inceptisol and optimisation of fertiliser requirements for rice by multiple regression, targeted yield and Mitscherlich - Bray models were compared. It was found that there was an over optimisation of fertiliser doses and the fertiliser K 2O requirement could not be optimised by the regression model. The fertiliser N, P 2O 5 and K 2O requirements were higher for the same yield target for Mitscherlich-Bray model as compared to that of the targeted yield model. It is evident from the results that the optimisation of fertiliser doses by the targeted' yield model was more balanced and optimum when compared to other two Models. Hence, the targeted yield model would be the most appropriate one for optimising the fertiliser needs of rice on Inceptisols of Lower Bhavani Project area.
- Bray, R.H. (1 954). Soil Sci., 78: 9-22.
- Cate, R.B. Jr. and Nelson, L.A. (1965). North Carolina Agric. Exp. Stn. Int. Soil Testing Series Tech. Bull. No.!.
- Ramamoorthy, B. (1968). First Progress Report of All India Coordinated Project on Investigations on Soil Test Crop Response Correlation, ICAR, New Delhi.
- Ramamoorthy, B. et al. (1967). Indian Fmg., 17: 43-45.
- Santhi, R. et a/. (1999a). OlYza, 36(2): 136-138.
- Santhi, R. et a/. (1999b). J. Indian Soc. Soil Sci., 47: 288-94.
- Sharma, B.M. and Singh, R.v. (2000). J. Indian Soc.Soil Sci., 48: 396-97.
- Truog, E. (1960). Trans. 7'h Int. Congo Soil Sci., 3: 46.