GENETIC DIVERGENCE OF SUGAR YIELD AND ITS COMPONENTS IN FLOWERING TYPE SACCHARUM OFFICINARUM CLONES
Citation :- GENETIC DIVERGENCE OF SUGAR YIELD AND ITS COMPONENTS IN FLOWERING TYPE SACCHARUM OFFICINARUM CLONES.Agricultural Science Digest.2005.(25):118 - 120
Fifty-three Saccharum officinarum clones, which flower at Coimbatore and Cannanore, were evaluated to study the genetic divergence. Data on 13 quantitative characters were recorded and was subjected to multivariate D 2 analysis. The clones were grouped into nine clusters. The hybridization among the clones from cluster mand all other clusters, having the maximum intercluster distances, might yield better recombinants for various characters.
- Gill, 5.5. and Tripathi, B.K. (1983). Proc. Intern. Soc. Sug. Cane TechnoI., 18: 596-600.
- Hemaprabha, G. and Ram, Bakshi (1997). Indian J. Genet., 57: 43-47.
- Heoda, M.S. et aI. (1990). Indian J. Genet., 50: 89-90.
- Ram, Bakshi (1992). Intern. J. Trap. Agric., 10: 311-316.
- Ram, Bakshi and Hemaprabha, G. (1992). Indian J. Genet., 52: 192-198,
- Ram, Bakshi and Hemaprabha, G. (2001). Natn. J. PI. Improv., 3: 92-95.
- Rae, C.R. (1952). Advanced Statistical Methods iii Biometrical Research. John Wiley and Sons Inc., New York, pp. 357-363.
- Singh, H.N. and Singh, S,B. (1981). Proc. Intern. Soc. 5ug. Cane TechnoI., 17: 1198-1203