EFFJCACY OF INSECTICIDES THROUGH ULTRALOW AND HIGH VOLUME SPRAYERS IN THECONTROL OFSAFFLOWER PESTS
Citation :- EFFJCACY OF INSECTICIDES THROUGH ULTRALOW AND HIGH VOLUME SPRAYERS IN THECONTROL OFSAFFLOWER PESTS.Agricultural Science Digest.2005.(25):111 - 114
Monocrotophos 40 EC @ 0.5 lit/ha with highvolume sprayer gave significantly superior control of safflower aphid over ultra low volume sprayer and other insecticides. The next best treatment was dimethoate 30 EC@ 0.85 lit/ha using high and ultra low volume sprayer and both were at par. There was no significant difference between ultra low volume and high volume sprayers in controlling safflower caterpillar and capsule borer. However, insecticides differed in their efficacy where in dimethoate 30 EC @ 0.85 lit/ha gave better control of safflower caterpillar (87.0%) and capsule borer (84,3%). There was a significant difference between sprayers in controlling borer complex. Dimethoate 30 EC @ 0.85 lit/ha with high volume sprayer recorded lowest incidence of borer complex (16.8%) and was at par with dlmethoate 30 EC @ 0.85 lit/hawith ultra low volume sprayer (17.5%). Irrespective of sprayers, dlmethoate 30 EC@ 0.85 lit/ha recorded highest seed yield (2265.5 kg/ha) followed by monocrotophos 40 EC.@ 0.5 lit/ha (2120.5. kg/ha) and meatyl parathion 50 EC @ 0.5 lit/ha (2056.7kglha). Dimethoate 30 EC @ 0.85 lit/ha with ultra low volume sprayer recorded highestbenefit-cost ratio (32.7) followed by methyl parathion 50 EC @ 0.5 lit/ha with ultra low volume sprayer (28.4) and dimethoate 30 EC@ 0.85 lit/ha with high volume sprayer (23.9).
- Anonymous. (1985). All/ndia Co-ordinated Research Project on ai/seeds. 27th Annua/ Rabi Workshop, Hisar, August 5-8,1985.
- Chandrakar, M.K. and Gupta, R. (1989). J. ai/seeds Res., 6; 136-138.
- Ghorpade, SA eta/. (1994). J. MaharashtraAgric. Univ., 19; 206-208.
- Jagtap, A.B. et a/. (1985). Pest%gy, 11: 13-16.
- Sood, N.K. et a/. (1981). In: Seminar on safflower, Nimbkar Agril. Research Institute, Phaltan. Feb 9,1981.
- Suryawanshi, D.S. and Pawar, V.M. (1980). Proc./ndian Acad. Sci., 89; 347-349.