GENETIC DIVERGENCE IN SUNFLOWER
Citation :- GENETIC DIVERGENCE IN SUNFLOWER.Agricultural Science Digest.2006.(26):138 - 140
Twenty nine genotypes of sunflower were studied for their genetic divergence by D2 analysis. The genotypes were grouped into 7 clusters. Based on the inter cluster distance and cluster mean for various character, potential parents were identified from clusters I, VII and VI for hybridization programme. The character days to first flowering contributed more towards genetic divergence.
- Asthana, A.N. and Pandey, VR. (1980). Indian J. Genet., 40: 247-250.
- Endang, S. et al. (1971). Int. Rice Comm. Newsl., 20: 26-34.
- Mahalanobis, P.C. (1928). J. Asiatic Soc. Bengal, 25: 301-377.
- Murthy, B.R. and Anand, I.J. (1966). Indian J. Genet., 26: 21-28.
- Rajendra, G. (1999). M. Sc.(Ag) Thesis, TNAU, Coimbatore.
- Rao, C.R. (1952). Advanced Statistical Methods in Biometrical Research. John Wiley and Sons, New York.