CORRELATION STUDIES FOR GREEN MANURING TRAITS IN SESBANIA
Citation :- CORRELATION STUDIES FOR GREEN MANURING TRAITS IN SESBANIA.Agricultural Science Digest.2006.(26):51 - 53
The present study was conducted to assess the variability, heritability and relationships of green manuring traits at 45 and 60 days after sowing (DAS) in Sesbania genotypes. Phenotypic and genotypic coefficients of variation were higher at 45 DAS as compared to 60 DAS for all the traits except number of root nodules. Heritability estimates were higher for dry biomass, green biomass and weight of fresh root nodules at both the growth stages. Plant height and green biomass showed significant positive relationship with dry biomass both at 45 and 60 DAS. Path analysis showed high positive direct effect of green biomass at 45 and 60 DAS and plant height at 45 DAS towards dry biomass.
- Anonymous (2004). Annual Report: Network Project on Genetic Evaluation and Improvement of Sesbania and Crotalaria for Green Manuring, NBPGR, New Delhi, pp. 199.
- Abrol, I.P. (1985). Sesbania for green manuring. Central Soil Salinity Research Institute, Karnal Bulletin, pp. 1-7.
- Bhullar, B.S. et al. (1990). Crop Improv., 17: 81-82.
- Ghai, S.K. et al. (1985). Trop. Agric., 62: 52-56.
- Yadav, O.P. et al. (2002). Natnl. J. Pl. Improv., 4: 65-68.