GENETIC DIVERGENCE AMONG SOME DIFFERENTIALLY HEAT TOLERANT GENOTYPES OF WHEAT
Citation :- GENETIC DIVERGENCE AMONG SOME DIFFERENTIALLY HEAT TOLERANT GENOTYPES OF WHEAT.Agricultural Science Digest.2008.(28):69 - 70
A set of eight differentially heat tolerant wheat genotypes were used to study divergence among them for grain yield and its components. The eight genotypes were grouped into four clusters on account of diversity among them. Cluster I had three genotypes, cluster II and III had two each, and cluster IV had only one. The cluster II and IV had maximum distance between them, whereas cluster I and IV had minimum. Character wise importance of different clusters and their possible application in hybridisation programme are also discussed.
- Arunachalam, V. (1981). Indian J. Genet., 41:23-27.
- Mahalanobis, P.C. (1936). Proc. Nat’l Acad. Sci., India, 2: 49-55.
- Rao, C.R. (1952). Advanced Statistical Methods in Biometrical Research. John Wiley & Sons, New York.
- Samsuddin, A.K.M. (1985). Theor. Appl. Genet., 70: 306-308.
- Sharma, Rajiv K. and Tandon, J.P. (1997). Crop Res., 14 : 269-274.