Loading...

ESTIMATION OF CROP EVAPOTRANSPIRATION FOR GROUNDNUT (KHARIF) IN CHANDRAPUR DISTRICT

Article Id: ARCC2541 | Page : 67 - 68
Citation :- ESTIMATION OF CROP EVAPOTRANSPIRATION FOR GROUNDNUT (KHARIF) IN CHANDRAPUR DISTRICT.Agricultural Science Digest.2008.(28):67 - 68
Kavita P. Arulkar, Amit A. Deogirikar, Nitin M. Kondeyand Prajakta S. Joshi
Address : Faculty of Agricultural Engineering, Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh Krishi Vidyapeeth, Akola - 444 104, India

Abstract

A study on crop evapotranspiration of groundnut was conducted at Chandrapur district. Weekly rainfall data of last twenty-five years (1971 to 1995) was analyzed at 70% probability i.e. at 30% risk level. The values of reference evapotranspiration were calculated on weekly basis by using weather data on relative humidity, temperature, wind speed and cloudiness. Crop coefficient values were worked out to get crop water requirement of groundnut (kharif). It was revealed that seasonal reference evapotranspiration at 70% probability level and crop evapotranspiration of groundnut (kharif) was found to be 1960 mm and 395 mm respectively.

References

  1. Abdulmumin, S. and Misari, S. M., (1990). Agric. Water Mgmt. 18 : 159-171.
  2. Darbal, P. P. and Rao, K. A., (1997). Indian J. Soil Conserv., 25: 233-235.
  3. Doorenbos, J. and Pruitt, W. O., (1977). Guideline for Predicting Crop Water Requirements. FAO Irrigation and Drainage Paper No. 24.
  4. Kotsopoulos, S. and Babajimopoulos, C., (1997). J. Irri Drainage Engg. ASCE, 123: 253-256
  5. Mohan, S., (1991). Hydrol. Sci. J. 366: 447-460.
  6. Ray, G. R.; et. al. (1980): J. Agric. Engg. 17: 1-8.
  7. Subramanian, A. R. and Rao Sambasiva, A., (1985). Mausam, 36: 67-70.
  8. Tambile, R. H.; et. al. (1991). J. Indian Water Resour Soc. 11(2): 23-28.
  9. Tyagi, N.K.; et. al. (2000). Agric Water Mgmt. 45: 41 – 54.

Global Footprints