PRODUCTIVE AND ECONOMICS OF MAIZE + GREENGRAM INTER CROPPING AT DIFFERENT NPK LEVELS
Citation :- PRODUCTIVE AND ECONOMICS OF MAIZE + GREENGRAM INTER CROPPING AT DIFFERENT NPK LEVELS.Agricultural Science Digest.2008.(28):30 - 32
A field study conducted during rabi 2002 revealed that yield, equivalent yield, net returns and benefit cost ratio were significantly influenced by intercropping and NPK levels. Paired row planting of maize with four rows of greengram significantly increased the productivity of the system. Higher yield was obtained due to application of 25% extra RDF to maize in intercropping indicating the need for higher fertilization of the intercropping to meet the fertilizer demand of both the crops. The gross returns, net returns and the benefit cost ratio were significantly higher when paired row planting of maize + greengram was supplied with 125 per cent RDF on clay loam soils of Bapatla, Andhra Pradesh.
- Chakor I S and Kumar V (1988) Indian J. Agron. 33(2) : 216-218.
- Kumar A. et al. (2002) Indian J. Agri. Sci. 72(11) : 665-666.
- Mishra B.N. et al. (2001) Indian J. Agron. 46(3) : 425-431.
- Ratore S.S. et al. (1980) Indian J. Agron. 25(3) : 319-322.
- Sharma R.S. and Choubey S.D. (1991) Indian J. Agron. 36 : 60-63.
- Singh V.P. and Singh V.K. (2001) Indian J. Agron. 46(1) : 27-31.