INTERCROPPING OF BABY CORN (ZEA MAYS L.) WITH LEGUMES AND COVER CROPS
Citation :- INTERCROPPING OF BABY CORN (ZEA MAYS L.) WITH LEGUMES AND COVER CROPS.Agricultural Science Digest.2009.(29):260-263
The experiment was laid out in a split plot design with 10 treatments and replicated thrice.
Results revealed that growth and yield components of baby corn such as plant height, dry matter
production, number of cobs, cob yield improved due to the application of biofertilizers along
with inorganic inputs. Among the cropping systems, babycorn + vegetable cowpea (M2S2) recorded
the highest growth and yield components. This was followed by babycorn + dolichos bean (M2S3).
- Balachandran, D. and Natarajan, P.(2002). Madras Agric. J., 89:691-693.
- Gautam, R.C. et al. (1985). Indian J. Agric. Sci., 55:269-273.
- Rajagopal, N. et al. (1998). Madras Agric. J., 87:395-397.
- Shailesh, K.et al. (1996). Indian J. Hort., 53:220-224.
- Sharma, J. (1994). Indian J. Agron., 39:382-385.
- Sinha, K.K.et al.(1999). Indian J. Agron., 44:30-35.
- Willey, R.W.(1979). Field Crop Abstr., 32:1-10.