Chief EditorArvind kumar
Print ISSN 0253-150X
Online ISSN 0976-0547
NAAS Rating 4.75
SEASONAL OCCURRENCE OF PULSE POD BORER HELICOVERPA ARMIGERA (L.) ON CHICK PEA AT EASTERN U.P. REGION
The incidence of the pod borer, Helicoverpa armigera in chick pea commenced from second
week of February i.e. in the early part of 1st fortnight of February, with 0.05 mean larval population/
plant. The larval populations started increasing and reached its maximum of 12.97 mean larval
population/plant during 4th week of March (12th standard week). The population has significantly
positive correlation with both minimum and maximum temperature and the correlation coefficient
being 0.71 and 0.82, respectively. The correlation coefficient of morning and afternoon relative
humidity was -0.66. The rainfall and larval population showed positive correlation coefficient
(0.03) but it was non-significant. The wind velocity and the sunshine hours showed positive non
significant correlation with larval population
- Kaushik, K. and Naresh, S. (1984). Indian J. Ento., 12(1):16-21.
- Mathur, et al. (2003). In: Proc. National Symp. Frontier Area on Entomological Research, New Delhi Nov- 5-7, 2003.
- Pandey, R, and Ujagir, R. (2008). Ann. Pl. Protec. Sci. 16(2):320-324.
- Rao, J.D. and Kumar, N.R. (2001). Indian J. Plant Protection 29(1-2):152-153.
- Sarode, S.V. (1999). Pestology. Special issue, 13(2):279-284.
- Shan, M. and Shazad, K. (2005). Indian J. Ento., 65(1):82-85.
- Suganthy, S.R. and Chaurasia, P. (2003). Indian J. Ento., 62(1):24-27.
- Vaishampayan, S.K. and Veda, N. (1980). Annals Plant Protection Sci. 14(2):27-29.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.