Chief EditorArvind kumar
Print ISSN 0253-150X
Online ISSN 0976-0547
NAAS Rating 4.75
CORRELATION STUDIES OF WHITE AND GREY GRAIN COLOUR HYBRIDS IN PEARL MILLET
grain colour hybrids grain yield showed significant and positive correlation with plant height,
effective tillers, ear weight, 1000-grain weight, dry fodder yield, biological yield, harvest index,
starch and fat content. Similar results were obtained for grey grain colour except for plant height.
For quality traits protein content exhibited negative correlation for starch and fat content in case
of grey grain colour hybrids. However for white grain colour hybrids such correlation was significant
only for starch content.
- Abhay Bikash (2006). M.Sc. Thesis CCS HAU, Hisar.
- Al-Jihouri, H.A. et al. (1958). Agron. J. 50:633-636.
- Bhamre, D.N. and Harinarayana, G. (1992). J. Maharastra Agric. Univ. 17:172-194.
- Choudhary, Sunita (2005). M.Sc. Thesis CCS HAU, Hisar.
- Harrer, P.N. and Karad, S.R. (1998). J. Maharashtra Agric. Univ. 23(2):132-135.
- Karthigeyan, S., et al. (1995). Madras Agric. J. 82(2):652-654.
- Kulkarni, V.M., et al. (2000). Tropi. Agric., 77(2):130-132.
- Kumar, M., et al. (2002). Crop Res., 24(2):381-385.
- Navale, P.A., et al. (1995). J. Maharastra Agric. Univ. 20(1):43-46.
- Pareek, S. (2002). Res. Crops. 3(1):75-77.
- Rao, P.V., et. al. (1987). Andhra Agric. J. 34:5-7. 26 AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE DIGEST
- Sabharwal, P.S., et. al. (2001). Czeeh J.Genetics and Plant Breeding. 37(4):124-128.
- Sagar, P. (1983). Thesis Abst., 9(2):185-186.
- Singh, K. and Sabharwal, P.S. (2003). Natnl. J. Pl. Improv. 5(1):50-53.
- Thangasamy, S. and Gomathinayagam, P. (2003). Ann. Agric. Res. 24(4):782-785.
- Unnikrishana, K.V., et al. (2004). Ann. Agric. Res. 25(1):110-112.
- Vidyadhar, B., et al. (2007). Indian J. Agric. Res., 41(2):150-153.
- Virk, D.S. (1988). Crop. Improv. 15(1):1-29.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.