RESPONSE OF BROAD BEAN (VICIA FABA L.) TO ROW SPACING AND PHOSPHORUS UNDER LATE SOWN RAINFED CONDITION OF MANIPUR
Citation :- RESPONSE OF BROAD BEAN (VICIA FABA L.) TO ROW SPACING AND PHOSPHORUS UNDER LATE SOWN RAINFED CONDITION OF MANIPUR.Agricultural Science Digest.2009.(29):54-56
A field experiment was conducted to evaluate the effect of spacing and phosphorus on nodulation,
yield and quality of broad bean under late sown rainfed condition of Manipur during the rabi seasons
of 2002-03 and 2003-04. On the basis of two years results the highest nodulation, seed yield and crude
protein content was associated with the application of 60 kg P2O5/ha which was significantly superior to
all the other levels of phosphorus except for the crude protein content which remained on par to 40 kg
P2O5/ha. Though significantly higher nodulation and crude protein content of the seed was recorded in
wider spacing of 40 × 10cm, however, the highest seed and stover yield were recorded in the closer
spacing of 20 × 10 cm.
- Khanda, C.M. et al. (2001). Ann. Agric. Res., 22(4):481-484.
- Ram, S.N. and Dixit, R.S. (2000). Crop Res. 19(3):414-417.
- Rath, B.S., et al. (1997). Indian J. Agron,. 42(2):717-719.
- Singh, D.D. and Sharma, A. (2001).. Ann. Agric. Res., 22(1):151-153.
- Singh, D.P. et al.(1996).. Indian J. Agron,. 41(4):608-610.
- Srivastava, G.P. and Srivastava,V.C. (2000). J.Res., 12(1):31-33.