EFFECT OF COMPOSTS ON YIELD OF AMARANTHUS AND SOIL FERTILITY
Citation :- EFFECT OF COMPOSTS ON YIELD OF AMARANTHUS AND SOIL FERTILITY.Agricultural Science Digest.2010.(30):90- 93
A field experiment, using amaranthus (Var. CO 2) as test crop, was conducted to find out
the effect of the raw and composted base materials of bananapseudostem and sugarcane trash
applied with 100 and 75 per cent recommended dose of fertilizer (RDF), on green yield of
amaranthus and soil fertility and to compare their effect with the application of 100 per cent
RDF alone and the absolute control. The enriched biocompost of bananapseudostem / sugarcane
trash @ 750 Kg ha-1 with 75 per cent of the RDF recorded profound influence on amaranthus
yield and the soil available nutrient (N, P and K) status and organic carbon content at post
- Arun kumar, J. (2004) Effect of vermicomposted sludge on growth of Amaranthus dubius. J. Ecotoxicol. Environ.
- Monit, 14 : 157 – 160.
- Chattopadyay, N., Gupta M. and Gupta S.K. (1992) Effect of city waste compost and fertilizers on the growth,
- nutrient uptake and yield of rice. J. Indian Soc. Soil Sci., 40: 464-468.
- Dargan, K.S and Chillar R.K. (1975) N requirements of rice after fallow and either daincha green manuring or their
- residual effect on succeeding wheat crop. Annual Report, Central Soil Salinity Res. Inst., p: 33-34.
- Durairaj, M.N. (1998) Status on nutrient uptake by different varieties of sorghum in varying levels of N and P. M. Sc.
- (Ag.) Thesis, submitted to Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Kapur, M.L. (1995) Direct and residual value of sulphitation cane filter cake as a nitrogen source for crops. J. Indian
- Soc. Soil Sci., 43 (1): 63-66.
- Nambiar, K.K.M. and Ghosh A.B. (1984) Highlights of research on long term fertilizer experiment in India. LTFE Res.
- Bull. No. 1, ICAR, New Delhi.
- Samiulliah Khan, M.A., Qureshi Jaibir Singh and Ghzala Parveen. (1997) Influence of Ni (II) and Cr (III) humic acid
- complexes on major nutrients (NPK) status of the soil. Indian J. Agric. Chem., 30 (1): 1-5