- Adesola, A., Ng’ambi, J., Norris, D. (2013). Effect of ascorbic acid supplementation to the diets of indigenous Venda hens on productivity of their progenies aged 8 to 13 weeks. Indian Journal of Animal Research, 47: 97-104.
- Antoniou, T.C. andMarquardt, R.R.(1983). The utilization of rye by growing chicks as influenced by autoclave treatment, water extraction, and water soaking. Poultry Science,62: 91-102.
- AOAC (2000). Official Methods of Analysis. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington, DC, USA.
- Bharathidhasan, A., Chandrasekaran, D., Natarajan, A., Ravi, R., Ezhilvalavan, S. (2009). Effect of enzyme supplementation on digestibility and metabolizability of broilers to nutrient reduced diet. Indian Journal of Animal Research, 43: 79-83.
- Choct, M., Hughes, R., Wang, J., Bedford, M., Morgan, A. and Annison, G. (1996). Increased small intestinal fermentation is partly responsible for the anti-nutritive activity of non starch polysaccharides in chickens. British Poultry Science,37: 609-621.
- Ciftci, I., Yenice, E. and Eleroglu H. (2003). Use of triticale alone and in combination with wheat or maize: effects of diet type and enzyme supplementation on hen performance, egg quality, organ weights, intestinal viscosity and digestive system characteristics. Animal Feed Scienceand Technology,105: 149-161.
- Classen, H. and Bedford, M. (1991). Recent Advances in Animal Nutrition.Butterworth-Heinemann Ltd., Oxford, U.K.
- Deaton, J., Lott, B., Simmons, J.(1989). Hammer mill versus roller mill grinding of corn for commercial egg layers. Poultry Science,68: 1342-1344.
- Eisen, E., Bohren, B., Mckean, H. (1962). The Haugh unit as a measure of egg albumen quality. Poultry Science,41: 1461-1468.
- Fengler, A.I. and Marquardt, R.R. (1988). Water-soluble pentosans from rye: I. Isolation, partial purification, and characterization. Cereal Chemistry,65: 291-297.
- Gabriel, I., Mallet, S., Leconte, M., Travel, A., Lalles, J.P. (2008). Effects of whole wheat feeding on the development of the digestive tract of broiler chickens. Animal Feed Science and Technology,142: 144-162.
- Hetland, H., Svihus, B., Choct, M. (2005). Role of insoluble fiber on gizzard activity in layers. Journal of Applied Poultry Research,14: 38-46.
- Kim, S., Patel, M., Reddy, S., Mcginnis, J. (1976). Effects of different cereal grains in diets for laying hens on production parameters and liver fat content. Poultry Science,55: 520-530.
- Lazaro, R., Garcia, M., Aranibar, M.J., Mateos, G.G. (2003). Effect of enzyme addition to wheat-, barley- and rye-based diets on nutrient digestibility and performance of laying hens. British Poultry Science,44: 256-265.
- Lohmann (2012)Management Guide for Laying Hens: Lohmann Brown-Classic. Lohmann Tierzucht GmbH, Cuxhaven, Germany.
- Mirzaie, S., Zaghari, M., Aminzadeh, S., Shivazad, M., Mateos, G.G. (2012). Effects of wheat inclusion and xylanase supplementation of the diet on productive performance, nutrient retention, and endogenous intestinal enzyme activity of laying hens. Poultry Science,91: 413-425.
- Olgun, O., Yildiz, A. Ö., Cufadar, Y. (2015). The effects of eggshell and oyster shell supplemental as calcium sources on performance, eggshell quality and mineral excretion in laying hens. Indian Journal of Animal Research, 49: 205-209.
- Pérez-Bonilla, A., Frikha, M., Mirzaie, S., García, J., Mateos, G. (2011). Effects of the main cereal and type of fat of the diet on productive performance and egg quality of brown-egg laying hens from 22 to 54 weeks of age. Poultry Science,90: 2801- 2810.
- Reece, F., Lott, B., Deaton, J. (1986). The effects of hammer mill screen size on ground corn particle size, pellet durability, and broiler performance. Poultry Science,65: 1257-1261.
- Rose, S. (1996). The use of whole wheat in poultry diets. World’s Poultry Science, 52: 59-60.
- Safaa, H.M., Jimenez-Moreno, E., Valencia, D.G., Frikha, M., Serrano, M.P., Mateos, G.G. (2009). Effect of main cereal of the diet and particle size of the cereal on productive performance and egg quality of brown egg-laying hens in early phase of production. Poultry Science,88: 608-614.
- Singh, Y., Amerah, A.M., Ravindran, V. (2014). Whole grain feeding: Methodologies and effects on performance, digestive tract development and nutrient utilisation of poultry. Animal Feed Science and Technology,190: 1-18.
- Sturkie, P.D. (1965). Avian Physiology. Tindall and Cassell, London, UK.
- Teitge, D., Campbell, G., Classen, H., Thacker, P. (1991). Heat pretreatment as a means of improving the response to dietary pentosanase in chicks fed rye. Canadian Journal of Animal Science,71: 507-513.
Submitted Date : 23-07-2017
Accepted Date : 31-10-2017