- AOAC (2005). Official Methods of Analysis. 18th Edition, Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington DC.
- Getachew, G., Robinson, P.H., DePeters, E.J. and Taylor, S.J. (2004). Relationships between chemical composition, dry matter degradation and in vitro gas production of several ruminant feeds. Animal Feed Science Technology, 111: 57–71.
- Kearl, L.C. (1982). Nutrient requirements of ruminants in developing countries. In: Feed Stuffs Inst., Utah Agric. Exp. Station, Utah State University, Logan, Utah-84322, USA. pp. 45-81.
- Kumar, D., Rao, S.B.N., Jash, S., Elangovan, A.V. and Hemalatha, S. (2011). Chemival composition and antinutritional factors in karanja(Pongamiapinnata) seed kernels and itsin vitro evaluation. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences, 81: 478-483.
- Ma, T., Deng, K.D., Tu, Y., Jiang, C.G., Zhang, N.F., Li, Y.L., Si, B.W., Lou, C. and Diao, Q.Y., (2014). Effect of dietary concentrate: forage ratios and undegraded dietary protein on nitrogen balance and urinary excretion of purine derivatives in Dorper× thin- tailed Han crossbred lambs. Asian-Australasian Journal of Animal Sciences, 27(2): 161-168.
- Menke, K.H. and Steingass, H. (1988). Estimation of energetic feed value obtained by chemical analysis and in vitro gas productionusing rumen fluid. Animal Research and Development, 28: 7-55.
- Menke, K.H., Raab, L., Salweski, A., Steingass, H., Fritz, D. and Schneider, W. (1979). The estimation of digestibility and metabolizable energy content of ruminant feed stuffs from the gas production when they are incubated with rumen liquor in vitro. Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 93:217-222.
- Panda, A.K. (2004). Nutritional performance and immunocompetence of broiler chickens fed processed karanj (Pongamia glabra) cake as partial protein supplement. Ph.D. Thesis, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar, India.
- Patil, S.S., Sharma, K. Narayan Dutta and Pattanaik, A.K. (2015). Effect of incorporation of raw Jatropha (Jatropha curcas) meal at graded levels replacing soy bean meal in concentrate mixture on rumen fermentation in vitro. Indian Veterinary Journal, 92 (10): 11 – 13.
- Prabhu, T.M. (2002). Clinico-nutritional studies in lambs fed raw and detoxified karanj (P. glabra vent) meal as protein supplement. Ph.D. Thesis, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar, India.
- Ravi, U., Singh, P., Garg, A.K. and Agrawal, D.K. (2000). Performance of lambs fed expeller pressed and solvent extracted karanj (Pongamiapinnata) oil cake. Animal Feed Science and Technology, 88: 121-128.
- Ravikanth, K., Thakur, M., Singh, B. and Saxena, M. (2009). TLC based method for standardization of Pongamiapinnata (karanj) using karanjin as marker. Chromatographia, 69: 597-599.
- Roy, D.N. and Rao, P.S. (1971). Trypsin inhibitors assay from soybean. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 19: 257-259.
- Sloan, B.K., Rowlinson, P. and Armstrong, D.G. (1988). The influence of a formulated excess of rumen degradable protein or undegradable protein on milk production in dairy cows in early lactation. Animal Science, 46(1): 13-22.
- Snedecor, G.W. and Cochran, W.G. (1989). Statistical Methods, 8thEdn. The IowaState University Press, Ames, Iowa.
- Soren, N.M. (2006). Performance of lambs fed processed karanj (Pongamia glabra) cake as partial protein supplement. Ph.D. Thesis, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar, India.
- Soren, N.M. and Sastry, V.R.B. (2009). Replacement of soybean meal with processed karanj (Pongamia glabra) cake on the balances of karanjin and nutrients, as well as microbial protein synthesis in growing lamb. Animal Feed Science and Technology, 149: 16-29.
- Thirumalesh, T. and Krishnamoorthy, U. (2013). Rumen microbial biomass synthesis and its importance in ruminant production. International Journal of Livestock Research, 3(2): 5-26.
- Van Soest, P.J. and Robertson, J.B. (1985). A Laboratory Manual for Animal Science, no. 612. Cornell University. pp. 252.
- Van Soest, P.J., Robertson, J.B. and Lewis, B.A. (1991). Methods for dietary fiber, neutral detergent fiber, and nonstarch polysaccharides in relation to animal nutrition. Journal of Dairy Science, 74: 3583-3587.
- Vinay, B.J. and Sindhu Kanya, T.C. (2008). Effect of detoxification on the functional and nutritional quality of proteins of karanja seed meal. Food Chemistry, 106: 77-84.
Submitted Date : 11-01-2019
Accepted Date : 28-02-2019