- Bai, S., Wang, G., Zhang, W., Zhang, S., Rice, B. B., Cline, M. A. and Gilbert, E.R. (2015). Broiler chicken adipose tissue dynamics during the first two weeks post hatch. Comp. Biochem. and Physiol. Part A: Mol. and Int. Phy., 189:115- 123.
- Bhattacharya, T.K. and Chatterjee, R.N. (2013). Polymorphism of the myostatin gene and its association with growth traits in chicken. Poultry Science, 92: 910-915.
- Bhattacharya, T.K., Chatterjee, R.N., Raj Kumar, U., Rajaravindra, K.S. and Niranjan, M. (2014). Genetic polymorphism in the promoter of prolactin gene in layer chicken. Indian Journal of Animal Research, 49: 875-877.
- Chomczynski, P., and Sacchi, N. (2006). The single-step method of RNA isolation by acid guanidinium thiocyanate–phenol–chloroform extraction: twenty-something years on. Nature Protocols, 1:581.
- Diot, C., Lefèvre, P., Hervé, C., Belloir, B., Narce, M., Damon, M., Mallard J., and Douaire, M. (2000). Stearoyl-CoA desaturase 1 coding sequences and antisense RNA affect lipid secretion in transfected chicken LMH hepatoma cells. Archives of biochemistry and biophysics, 380:243-250.
- Douaire, M., Le Fur, N., el Khadir-Mounier, C., Langlois, P., Flamant, F., and Mallard, J. (1992). Identifying genes involved in the variability of genetic fatness in the growing chicken. Poultry science, 71:1911-1920.
- DPR Annual Report 2017-18. Published by ICAR-Directorate of Poultry Research, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad.
- Griffin, H. D., Guo, K., Windsor, D., and Butterwith, S. C. (1992). Adipose tissue lipogenesis and fat deposition in leaner broiler chickens. The Journal of nutrition, 122:363-368.
- Leclercq, B., Blum, J. C., and Boyer, J. P. (1980). Selecting broilers for low or high abdominal fat: initial observations. British Poultry Science, 21:107-113.
- Legrand, P., Catheline, D., Fichot, M. C., and Lemarchal, P. (1997). Inhibiting Ä9-desaturase activity impairs triacylglycerol secretion in cultured chicken hepatocytes. The Journal of nutrition, 127:249-256.
- Livak, K. J., and Schmittgen, T. D. (2001). Analysis of relative gene expression data using real-time quantitative PCR and the 2" ÄÄCT method. methods, 25:402-408.
- Miyazaki, M., and Ntambi, J. M. (2003). Role of stearoyl-coenzyme A desaturase in lipid metabolism. Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids, 68:113-121.
- Miyazaki, M., Kim, Y. C., Gray-Keller, M. P., Attie, A. D., and Ntambi, J. M. (2000). The biosynthesis of hepatic cholesterol esters and triglycerides is impaired in mice with a disruption of the gene for stearoyl-CoA desaturase 1. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 275:30132-30138.
- Paswan, C., Bhattacharya, T.K., Chatterjee, R.N., nagaraja, C.S. and Dushyanth, K. (2016). Molecular characterization of promoter of IGF-1 gene in chicken broiler line and its growth performance. Indian Journal of Animal Research, 50: 23-26.
- Pearce, J. (1977). Effects of testosterone on hepatic lipid metabolism in the mature female domestic fowl. Journal of Endocrinology, 75:343-344.
- Phillips, J., G., Butler, P., J., Sharp, P., J. (1985). Physiological strategy in avian biology: the reproductive system and its function. PP. 13.
- Pizer, E.S., Kurman, R.J., Pasternack, G.R. and Kuhajda, F.P. (1997). Expression of fatty acid synthase is closely linked to proliferation and stromal decidualization in cycling endometrium. International Journal of Gynecological Pathology: Official Journal of the International Society of Gynecological Pathologists, 16:45-51.
- Whitehead, C. C. and Griffin, H. D. (1984). Development of divergent lines of lean and fat broilers using plasma very low density lipoprotein concentration as selection criterion: the first three generations. British Poultry Science, 25:573-582.
Submitted Date : 28-07-2018
Accepted Date : 19-12-2018