- Abdella, A., Muktar, Y. and Hiko, A. (2017). Prevalence and risk factors of ticks infesting cattle reared on the main campus of Haramaya University, Eastern Ethiopia. Ethiopian Veterinary Journal, 21(1): 16-28.
- Cable R.M. (1967). An Illustrated Laboratory Manual of Parasitological. 4th ed., (MN): Burgess Publishing Mineapoles; p. 111–132.
- Debbarma, A., Pandit, S., Jas, R., Baidya, S., Mandal, S. C., and Jana, P. S. (2017). Prevalence of hard tick infestations in cattle of West Bengal, India. Biological Rhythm Research, 1-8.
- Dehuri, M., Ranjan Panda, M., Mohanty, B., Hembram, A., Mahapatra, T. and Sahu, A. (2017). Ixodid ticks infesting cattle and associated risk factors in coastal districts of Odisha. Journal of Entomology and Zoology Studies, 5(4): 129-132.
- Estrada-Peña, A., and Salman, M. (2013). Current limitations in the control and spread of ticks that affect livestock: A review. Agriculture, 3(2): 221-235.
- Farooqi, S. H., Ijaz, M., Saleem, M. H., Rashid, M. I., Oneeb, M., Khan, A. and Mahmood, S. (2017). Distribution of Ixodid Tick Species and Associated Risk Factors in Temporal Zones of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province, Pakistan. Pakistan Journal of Zoology, 49(6).
- Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO). (1984). Ticks and Tick-borne Disease Control: A Practical Field Manual Vol. I.Tick Control. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Rome, 299 pp.
- Ghosh, S., and Nagar, G. (2014). Problem of ticks and tick-borne diseases in India with special emphasis on progress in tick control research: a review. Journal of Vector Borne Diseases, 51(4): 259-270.
- Ghosh, S., Azhahianambi, P., and de la Fuente, J. (2006). Control of ticks of ruminants, with special emphasis on livestock farming systems in India: present and future possibilities for integrated control—a review. Experimental and Applied Acarology, 40(1): 49-66.
- Jonsson, N.N., (2006). The productivity effects of cattle tick (Boophilus microplus) infestation on cattle, with particular reference to Bos indicus cattle and their crosses. Veterinary Parasitology, 137(1-2):1-10.
- Kakar, M. E., Khan, M. A., Khan, M. S., Ashraf, K., Kakar, M. A., Hamdullah, Jan, S. and Razzaq,A.(2017). Prevalence of tick infestation in different breeds of cattle in balochistan. The Journal of Animal & Plant Sciences, 27(3): 797-802.
- Khajuria, V., Godara, R., Yadav, A., and Katoch, R. (2015). Prevalence of ixodid ticks in dairy animals of Jammu region. Journal of Parasitic Diseases, 39(3): 418-421.
- Manan, A., Khan, Z., and Ahmad, B. (2007). Prevalence and identification of ixodid tick genera in frontier region Peshawar. Journal of Agricultral Biological Science, 2(1): 21–25.
- Minjauw, B., and McLeod, A. (2003). Tick-borne diseases and poverty: the impact of ticks and tick-borne diseases on the livelihoods of small-scale and marginal livestock owners in India and eastern and southern Africa. Centre for Tropical Veterinary Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK. p.116
- Miranpuri, G.S (1979). Tick taxonomy in India- a review (including notes on their biology, ecology, geographical distribution, host- relationship, ticks and tick-borne diseases and keys for species identification). Paper presented at workshop at Advances in Insect Taxonomy in India and the Orient, held at Manali, Himachal Pradesh, from Oct 9 to 12. India.
- O’kelly and Seifert, G.W (1970).The effects of tick (Boophilus microplus) infestations on the blood composition of shorthorn x hereford cattle on high and low planes of nutrition. Australian Journal of Biological Sciences, 23(3): 681-690.
- Patel, G., Shanker, D., Jaiswal, A. K., Sudan, V., and Verma, S. K. (2013). Prevalence and seasonal variation in ixodid ticks on cattle of Mathura district, Uttar Pradesh. Journal of Parasitic Diseases, 37(2): 173-176.
- Rehman, A., Nijhof, A. M., Sauter-Louis, C., Schauer, B., Staubach, C., and Conraths, F. J. (2017). Distribution of ticks infesting ruminants and risk factors associated with high tick prevalence in livestock farms in the semi-arid and arid agro-ecological zones of Pakistan. Parasites and Vectors, 10(1): 190.
- Singh, N. K., and Rath, S. S. (2013). Epidemiology of ixodid ticks in cattle population of various agro-climatic zones of Punjab, India. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Medicine, 6(12): 947-951.
- Vatsya, S., Yadav, C. L., Kumar, R. R., and Garg, R. (2007). Seasonal activity of Boophilus microplus on large ruminants at an organised livestock farm. Journal of Veterinary Parasitology, 21(2): 125-128.
Submitted Date : 2-07-2018
Accepted Date : 3-11-2018