- Bell A W. (1995). Regulation of organic nutrient metabolism during transition from late pregnancy to early lactation. Journal of Animal Science. 73:2804-19.
- Emery R S, Liesman J S and Herdt T H. (1992) . Metabolism of long chain fatty acids by ruminant liver. Journal of Nutrition; 122: 832-837.
- Grummer R R, Mashek D G, Hayirli A. (2004) Dry matter intake and energy balance in the transition period. Vet Clin North Am Food Anim Pract 20: 447–47.
- Lucy M C, (2001) Reproductive loss in high-producing dairy cattle: where will it end? Journal of Dairy Science 84: 1277–1293
- McNamara J P and Hillers J K. (1986) . Adaptations in lipid yielding metabolism of bovine adipose tissue in lactogenesis and lactation. Journal of Lipid Research. 27: 150-157.
- Melendez P, Donovan A, Risco C A, Hall B A, Littell R, Goff J. (2002). Metabolic responses of transiton cows fed anionic salts and supplemented at calving with calcium and energy. Journal of Dairy Science. 85: 1085–1092.
- Reist M, Erdin D, von Euw D, Tschuemperlin K, Leuenberger H, Chilliard Y, Hammon HM, et al, (2002). Estimation of energy balance at the individual and herd level using blood and milk traits in high-yielding dairy cows. Journal of Dairy Science 85: 3314-3327.
- Remppis S, Steingass H, Gruber L and Schenkel H, (2011). Effects of energy intake on performance, mobilization and retention of body tissue, and metabolic parameters in dairy cows with special regard to effects of pre-partum nutrition on lactation. Asian-Austrlian Journal of Animal Sciences, 24: 540-572.
- Rukkwamsuk T, Geelen M J, Kruip T A and Wensing T. (2000). Interrelation of fatty acid composition in adipose tissue, serum, and liver of dairy cows during the development of fatty liver post- partum. Journal of Dairy Science 83: 52–59.
- Sevinc M, Basoglu A and Guzulbekta H. (2003). Lipid and lipoprotein levels in dairy cows with fatty liver. Turkish Journal of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, 27: 295-299.
- Stengarde L, Madeleine T, Ulf Emanuelson, Kjell Holtenius, Jan Hultgren and Rauni Niskanen (2008). Metabolic profiles in five high-producing Swedish dairy herds with a history of abomasal displacement and ketosis. Acta Veterinaria Scandinavica. 50: 31
- Walters, A. H., Pryor A. W, Bailey T. L., Pearson R. E., and Gwazdauskas F. C. (2002). Milk yield, energy balance, hormone, follicular and oocyte measures in early and mid-lactation Holstein cows. Theriogenology 57: 949–961.
Submitted Date : 4-06-2018
Accepted Date : 31-08-2018