- Aggarwal, A., Kumar, P. and Chandra, G. (2010). Body condition scoring in dairy farming. Indian Dairyman, (April); 24-29.
- Bauman, D. E., and Currie, W. B. 1980. Partitioning of nutrients during pregnancy and lactation: A review of mechanisms involving homeostasis and homeorhesis. J. Dairy Sci. 63:1514–1529.
- Bell, A.W. (1995). Regulation of organic nutrient metabolism during transition from late pregnancy to early lactation. J. Anim. Sci. 73: 2804.
- Bowden, D.M. (1971). Nonesterified fatty acids and ketone bodies in blood as indicators of nutritional status in ruminants, A review. Canadian Journal of Animal Sciences, 51: 1-13.
- Broster, W.H. and Broster, V.J. (1998). Body score of dairy cows. J. Dairy Res. 65:155.
- Chilliard, Y. (1989). Physiological constraints to milk production: factors which determine nutrient partitioning, lactation persistency and mobilization of body reserves. Feeding dairy cows in the tropics. FAO Corporate Document Repository. pp. 22-35.
- Drackley, J.K., Overton, T.R. and Douglas, G.N. (2001). Adaptations of glucose and long chain fatty acid metabolism in liver of dairy cows during the periparturient period. J. Dairy Sci. 84 (E Suppl.), E100-E112.
- Elanco, (1996). Body condition scoring in dairy cattle. Elanco Animal Health Bulletin AI 8478. Elanco Animal Health, Greenfield, IN.
- Faulkner, A. (1983). Fetal and neonatal metabolism. In Nutritional Physiology of Farm Animals: [J.A.F. Rook and P.C. Thomas (eds)], Longman, London, 203-242.
- Ferguson, J.D. (1996). Implementation of body condition scoring program in dairy herds. Feeding and managing the transition cow. Proc.Penn.Annu. Conf., Univ. of Pennsylvania, Centre for Animal Health and Productivity, Kennett Square, PA.
- Ferguson, J.D., Galligan, D.T. and Thomsen, N. 1994. Principal descriptors of body condition score in Holstein cows. J. Dairy Sci. 77:2695–2703.
- Kunz, P.L., Blum, J.W., Hart, I.C., Bickel, H. and Landis, J. (1985). Effects of different energy intakes before and after calving on food, performance and blood metabolites in dairy cows. Anim. Prod. 40:219-231.
- Rabbie, A.R., Lean, I.J., Gooden, J.M. and Miller, B.G. (1999). Relationships among metabolites influencing ovarian function in the dairy cow. J. Dairy Sci. 82:39.
- Reece W.O. (2004). Duke’s Physiology of Domestic Animals (12th edition).
- Seifi, H.A., Gorji-Dooz, M., Mohri, M., Dalir-Naghadeh, and Farzaneh, N. (2007). Variations of energy related biochemical metabolites during transition period in dairy cows. Comp Clinical Pathology 16:253-258.
- Shipe, W.F., Senyk, G.F. and Fountain, K.B. (1980). Modified soap solvent extraction method for measuring free fatty acids in milk. J. Dairy Sci. 63:193-198.
- Snedecor, G.W. and Cochran, W.G., (1994). Statistical Methods. 7th edn. Oxford and IBH. The Iowa State University Press, Ames, Iowa, USA.
- Veron, G.W. (1980). Lipid metabolism in adipose tissue of ruminant animals. Progress in Lipids Research 19:23.
Submitted Date : 7-05-2018
Accepted Date : 13-07-2018