- Adil, S., Tufail, B., Gulam, A., Salahuddin, M., Raquib, M. and Shanaz, S. (2011). Response of broiler chicken to dietary supplementation of organic acids. Journal of Central European Agriculture, 12(3): 498-508.
- Banerjee, S.P., Dora, K.C. and Chowdhury, S. (2013). Detection, partial purification and characterization of bacteriocin produced by Lactobacillus brevis FPTLB3 isolated from fresh water fish. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 50(1):17-25.
- Baurhoo, B., Phillip, L. and Ruiz-Feria, C.A. (2007). Effects of purified lignin and mannan oligosaccharides on intestinal integrity and microbial populations in the ceca and litter of broiler chickens. Journal of Poultry Science, 86:1070-1078.
- Bedford, M. (2000). Removal of antibiotic growth promoters from poultry diets: implications and strategies to minimise subsequent problems. World Poultry Science Journal, 56: 347-365.
- Dibner, J. J. and Richards, J. D. (2004). Antibiotic growth promoters in agriculture; History and mode of action. Poultry Science, 84:634-643.
- Duncan, D. B. (1955). Multiple range test and multiple F tests. Biometrics, 11:1-42.
- Ferket, P.R. (2004). Alternatives to antibiotics in poultry production: Responses, practical experience and recommendations. Nutritional biotechnology in the feed and food industries: Proceedings of Alltech’s 20th Annual Symposium, Kentucky, USA, pp: 56-57.
- Gajewska, J., Riedel, J., Bucka, A., Zabik, J. and Michalczuk, M. (2012). Influence of prebiotics and butyric acid on the composition of intestinal microflora of broiler chickens. Annals of Warsaw University of Life Science, 51: 47-53.
- Gartner, L.P. and Hiatt, J. L. (2001). Color Textbook of Histology, 2nd ed. WB Saunders, Philadelphia, United States of America.
- Ghahri, H., Toloei, T. and Soleimani, H. (2013). Efficacy of antibiotic, probiotic, prebiotic and synbiotic on growth performance, organ weights, intestinal histomorphology and immune response in broiler chickens. Global Journal Animal Scientific Research, 1(1): 23-38.
- Ghasemi, H.A., Kasani, N. and Taherpour, K. (2014). Effects of black cumin seed (Nigella sativa L.), a probiotic, a prebiotic and a synbiotic on growth performance, immune response and blood characteristics of male broilers. Livestock Science, 164:128-34.
- Ghosh, H.K., Halder, G., Samanta, G., Paul, S.K. and Pyne, S.K. (2007). effect of dietary supplimentaion os organic acid and mannan oligosacharide on performance and gut health of Japanese quail. Asian Journal of Poultry Science, 1(1):1-7.
- Gunal, M., Yayli, K.O., Karahan N. and Sulak, O. (2006). The effects of antibiotic growth promoter, probiotic or organic acid supplementation on performance, intestinal microflora and tissue of broilers. International Journal of Poultry Science, 5(2):149-155.
- Hose, H. and Sozzi, T. 1991. Prebiotics- facts or fraction? Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology. 51:539-570.
- Juven, B.J. and Stern, N.J. (1991). A review: Antagonistic effects of Lactobacilli and Pedococci to control intestinal colonization by human entero-pathogens in live poultry. Journal Applied Bacteriology, 70: 95-103
- Kim, G.B., Seo, Y.M., Kim, C.H. and Paik, I.K. ((2010). Effect of dietary prebiotic supplementation on the performance, intestinal microflora, and immune response of broilers. Journal of Poultry Science, 90(1):75-82.
- Miles, A.A., Misra, S.S. and Irwin, J.O. (1938). The estimation of the bactericidal power of the blood. Journal of Hygiene, 38: 732-749.
- Oliveira, R.P.S., Perego, P., Oliveira M.N. and Converti, A. ((2011). Growth and survival of mixed probiotics in nonfat fermented milk: the effect of inulin. Chemical Engineering Transactions, 24:457-462.
- Pelicano, E.R.L., Souza, P.A., Souza, H.B.A. Figueiredo, D.F., Boiago, M.M., Carvalho, S.R. and Bordon, V.F. (2005). Intestinal mucosa development in broiler chickens fed natural growth promoters. Revista Brasilaria de Cieneia Avicola, 7(4):221-229.
- Pluske, J. R. and Williams, I. H.(1996). The influence of feeder type and the method of group allocation at weaning on voluntary food intake and growth in piglets. Animal Science, 62:115-120.
- Rosen, G.D. (2007). Holo-analysis of the efficacy of Bio-Mos® in broiler nutrition. British Poultry Science, 48:21-26.
- Sayrafi, R., Soltanalinejad, F., Shahrooz, R. and Rahimi, S. (2011). Comparative study of the effect of alternative and antibiotic feed additives on the performance and intestinal histo morphometrical parameters of broiler chickens. African Journal of Agricultural Research, 6:2794-2799.
- Snedecor, G.W. and Cochran W.G. (1994). Statistical Methods, Iowa State University ress, Ames, Oxford and IBH. New Delhi, pp 215-237.
- Xu, Z.R, Hu, Xia, C.H., Zhan, M.S. and Wang, M.Q. (2003). Effects of dietary fructooligosaccharide on digestive enzyme activities, intestinal microflora and morphology of male broilers. Poultry Science, 82(6):1030-1036.
- Yang, Y., Iji, P.A. and Choct, M. (2009). Dietary modulation of gut microflora in broiler chickens: a review of the role of six kinds of alternatives to in-feed antibiotics. Journal of Poultry Science, 65: 97-114.
- Yang, Y., Iji, P.A., Kocher, A., Thomson, E., Mikkelsen, L.L. and Choct, M. (2008). Effects of mannanoligosaccharide in broiler chicken diets on growth performance, energy utilisation, nutrient digestibility and intestinal microflora. British Poultry Science, 49: 186-194.
- Yang, Y., Iji, P.A. and Choct, M. (2007). Effects of different dietary levels of mannan oligosaccharide on growth performance and gut development of broiler chickens. Asian-Australasian Journal of Animal Science, 20(7): 1084-1091.
Submitted Date : 21-02-2018
Accepted Date : 7-08-2018