- AOAC (2000). Official Methods of Analysis of AOAC International, (17th ed.), Gaithersburg, MD, USA: AOAC.
- FAO/WHO. (2001). Joint FAO/WHO Expert Committee on Food Additives Meeting. Safety evaluation of certain mycotoxins in food (No. 74). Food & Agriculture Org.
- Haberer, P., Du Toit, M., Dicks, L.M.T., Ahrens, F. and Holzapfel, W.H. (2003). Effect of potentially probiotic lactobacilli on faecal enzyme activity in minipigs on a high-fat, high-cholesterol diet—a preliminary in vivo trial. International Journal of Food Microbiology, 87:287–291.
- Hyde, J.,S. and Thomas, D.D. (1973). New EPR methods for the study of very slow motion application to spin-labeled hemoglobin. Ann N Y Academic Science, 222:680–692.
- Isolauri, E., Rautanen, T., Juntunen, M., Sillanaukee, P. and Koivula, T. (1991). A human Lactobacillus strain (Lactobacillus casei sp strain GG) promotes recovery from acute diarrhea in children. Pediatrics, 88(1), 90-97.
- Jeun, J., Kim, S., Cho, S.Y., Jun, H.J., Park, H.J., Seo, J.G., Chung, M.J. and Lee, S. J. (2010). Hypocholesterolemic effects of Lactobacillus plantarum KCTC3928 by increased bile acid excretion in C57BL/6 mice. Nutrition, 26(3), 321-330.
- Kaila, M., Isolauri, E., Soppi, E., Virtanen, E., Laine, S. and Arvilommi, H. (1992). Enhancement of the circulating antibody secreting cell response in human diarrhea by a human lactobacillus strain. Pediatric Research, 32: 141-4.
- Kaneko, J.J., Harvey, J.W. and Bruss, M.L. (1997). Clinical Biochemistry of Domestic Animals. 5th ed. Academic Press, San Diego, USA.
- Kawase, M., Hashimoto, H., Hosoda, M., Morita, H. and Hosono, A. (2000). Effect of administration of fermented milk containing whey protein concentrate to rats and healthy men on serum lipids and blood pressure. Journal of Dairy Science, 83: 255–263.
- McFarland, L.V. (2007). Meta-analysis of probiotics for the prevention of traveler’s diarrhoea. Travel Med Infect Dis, 5(2):97–105.
- Ngongang, E.F.T., Tiencheu, B., Achidi, A.U., Fossi, B.T., Shiynyuy, D.M., Womeni, H.M., and François, Z.N. (2016). Effects of probiotic bacteria from yogurt on enzyme and serum cholesterol levels of experimentally induced hyperlipidemic Wistar Albino rats. Am. J. Biol. Life Sci, 4, 48.
- NRC, (1995): Nutrient requirements of laboratory rat. National Academic of Science, Fourth Revised Edition. The National Academies Press. Washington. DC. pp. 11-79.
- Paswan, V.K. (2012.). Studies on detoxification and nutritive potential of karanj (Pongamia glabra) cake. Ph. D. thesis submitted to Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar, Bareilly U.P, India.
- Perdigon, G., Nader de Macias, M.E., Alvarez, S., Oliver, G. and Pesce de Ruiz Holgado, A.A. (1990). Prevention of gastrointestinal infection using immunobiological methods with milk fermented with Lactobacillus casei and Lactobacillus acidophilus. J Dairy Res, 57(2):255–264.
- Pouwels, P.H., Leer, R.J. and Boersma, W.J.A. (1996). The potential of Lactobacillus as a carrier for oral immunization: Development and preliminary characterization of vector systems for targeted delivery of antigens. Journal of Biotechnology, 44: 183-192
- Rowland, I.R., Capurso, L., Collins, K., Cummings, J., Delzenne, N., Goulet, O., Guarner, F., Marteau, P. and Meier, R. (2010). Current level of consensus on probiotic science. Gut Microbes, 1(6):436-439.
- Singh,P., Pandey, R.K., Paswan, V.K., Yadav, S.P., Bhinchhar, B.K., and Singh, C.S. (2017). Effect of supplementation of L. plantarum and L. casei based probiotic milk powder on growth performances and nutrient utilization of Charles Foster rats. Indian Journal of Animal Research (In Press).
- Snedecor, G.W. and Cochran, W.G. (1989). Stastical Methods, 8th Edition, the Iowa state University press, Ames, Iowa.
- WHO, (2009). “Cardiovascular Disease,” Fact sheet 317, WHO, Geneva, Switzerland http://www.who.int/media centre /factsheets/ fs317/en/print.html.
- Yurong, Y., Ruiping, S., ShiMin, Z., and Yibao, J. (2005). Effect of probiotics on intestinal mucosal immunity and ultrastructure of cecal tonsils of chickens. Archives of animal nutrition, 59(4), 237-246.
Submitted Date : 12-10-2017
Accepted Date : 28-02-2018