- Andersen JBTG, Madsen T, Larsen KL, Ingvartsen K and Nielsen MO. (2005). The effects of dry period versus continuous lactation on metabolic status and performance in periparturient cows. J. Dairy Sci. 88: 3530-3541.
- AOAC, 2007. Official Methods of Analysis, Association of official Analytical chemists, Edn. 13th., Washington, D.C, USA
- Atashi H, Zamiri MJ and Dadpasand M. (2013). Association between dry period length and lactation performance, lactation curve, calf birth weight, and dystocia in Holstein dairy cows in Iran. J. Dairy Sci. 96: 3632-3638.
- Butler, W. R. (2000). Nutritional interactions with reproductive performance in dairy cattle. Animal. Reprod. Sci. 60: 449-457.
- Capuco AV, Akers RM and Smith JJ. (1997). Mammary growth in Holstein cows during the dry period: Quantification of nucleic acids and histology. J. of Dairy Sci. 80(3): 477-487.
- De Feu MAAC, Evans PL and Butler ST. (2009). The effect of dry period duration and dietary energy density on milk production, bioenergetic status, and postpartum ovarian function in Holstein-Friesian dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci. 92: 6011-6022.
- Duncan, DB. (1955). Multiple range and multiple F tests. Biometrics 11: 1.
- Eicher R. (2004). Evaluation of the metabolic and nutritional situation in dairy herds: diagnostic use of milk components. Medecin Veterinaire du Quebec. 34: 36-38.
- ISI. 1977. IS 1224 (part I) Fat determination of milk by Gerber’s method, Indian Standards Institution, New Delhi.
- ISI. 1982. IS: 10083-1982 Methods of test for determination of SNF (solids not fat) in milk by the use of lactometer .Indian standards Institution, New delhi.
- Khazanehei K, Li S, Khafipour E and Plaizier C. (2015). Effects of dry period management on milk production, dry matter intake, and energy balance of dairy cows. Canadian J. Anim. Sci. 95: 433-444.
- Madsen TG, Nielsen MO, Andersen JB, Ingvartsen KL. (2008). Continuous lactation in dairy cows: Effect on milk production and mammary nutrient supply and extraction. J Dairy Sci. 91: 1791–1801.
- Newman K, Rajala-Schultz P, DeGraves F and Lakritz J. 2010. Association of milk yield and infection status at dry off with intra mammary infections at subsequent calving. J. Dairy Res. 77: 99-106.
- Pezeshki A, Mehrzad J, Ghorbani GR and Burvenich C. (2008). Effects of short dry periods on performance and metabolic status in Holstein dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci. 90(12): 5531-5541.
- Raju J, Reddy P, Reddy A, Kumar C and Hyder I. (2017). Livestock feed resources in surplus rainfall Agro ecological zones of Andhra Pradesh: Requirement, availability and their management. Int. J. Livestock Res. 7(2): 148–163. doi:10.5455/ijlr.20170209071714
- Reddy PRK, Raju JK, Reddy AN, Reddy PPR and Hyder I. (2016). Transition period and its successful management in dairy cows. Indian J. Nat. Sci. 7(38): 11691-11699.
- Rice VA, Andrews FN, Warnwick K and Legates JE. (1970). Breeding and Improvement of farm animals, 6th ed. Tata .Mcgrah Hill Publishing Company Ltd. Bombay, India.
- Santschi DE and Lefebvre DM. (2014). Review: Practical concepts on short dry period management. Canadian J. Anim. Sci. 94(3): 381-390.
- Santschi DE, Lefebvre DM, Cue RI, Girard CL and Pellerin D. (2011). Complete lactation milk and componinent yields following a short (35-d) or a conventional (60-d) dry period management strategy in commercial Holstein herds. J. Dairy Sci., 94: 2302-2311.
- Snedecor GW and Cochran WG. (1994). Statistical Methods, 8th edn, Iowa State University press, Ames, Iowa USA-50010.
- Soleimani A, Heravi AM, Mesgaran, Golian A. (2010). Effects of Dry Period length on milk production and composition, blood metabolites and complete blood count in subsequent lactation of Holstein dairy cows. World Acad. Sci. Eng. Tech. 44: 1072-77.
- Van Soest PJ, Robertson JB and Lewis BA. 1991. Methods for dietary fiber, neutral detergent fiber and non-starch polysaccharides in relation to animal nutrition. J. Dairy Sci. 74: 3583-3597.
Submitted Date : 21-06-2017
Accepted Date : 1-11-2017