- Aiello, S.E. and Mays, A. (1998).The Merck Veterinary Manual. (8th Edn.). Merck and Co. Inc., New Jersey. pp 2192.
- Arya, O., Wittwer, F., Villa, A. and Ducom, C. (1990). Bovine fluorosis following volcanic activity in the Southern Andes. Veterinary Record,126: 641-642.
- Aulakh, M. S., Khurana, M. P. and Singh, D. (2009). Water pollution related to agriculture, industrial, and urban activities and its effect on the food chain: Case studies from Punjab. Journal of New Seeds 10: 112-137.
- Beede, D. K. and Myers, Z. H. (2000). Water nourishment of dairy cattle. 24th Quebec Symposium on Dairy Nutrition. Saint-Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada.
- Bhagavan, S. V. and Raghu, V.(2005). Utility of check dams in dilution of fluoride concentration in ground water and the resultant analysis of blood serum and urine of villagers, Anantapur District, Andhra Pradesh, India. Environmental Geochemistry and Health, 27: 97-108.
- Bharti, V. K., Gupta, M. and Lall, D. (2008). Ameliorative effects of boron on serum profile in buffalo (Bubalus bubalis) fed high fluoride ration. Tropical Animal Health Production 40: 111-116.
- Choubisa, S. L., Modasiya,V., Bahura, C.K. and Sheikh, Z. (2012). Toxicity of fluoride in cattle of the Indian Thar Desert, Rajasthan, India. Fluoride, 45: 371-376.
- Kolmer, J. A., Spanbling, E. H. and Robinson, H. W. (1951). Approved Laboratory Technique. Appleton Century Crofts, New York.
- National Research Council. (1974). Nutrients and Toxic Substances in Water for Livestock and Poultry. National Academy of Sciences. The National Academic Press, Washington DC, USA.
- Nawlakhe, W. G., Kulkami, D. N., Pathak, B. N. and Bulusu, K. R. (1975). De-fluoridation of water by Nalgonda technique. Indian Journal of Environmental Health, 17: 26-65.
- Pendli, A. and Vali, S. (2006). Modified diets for restraining fluoride exposure in selected fluorosis endemic villages of Korpana and Rajura tehsils of Chandrapur district, Maharashtra, India. Asian Journal of Dairy and Food Research 25 (3 & 4): 206-211.
- Ranjan, R., Swarup, D., Bhardwaj, B. and Patra, C. (2008). Level of certain micro and macro minerals in blood of cattle from fluoride polluted localities of Udaipur, India. Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology 81: 503-507.
- Ranjan, R., Swarup, D., Patra, R. C. and Chandra, V. (2009). Tamarindus indica L. and Moringa oleifera M. extract administration ameliorates fluoride toxicity in rabbits. Indian Journal of Experimental Biology 47: 900-905.
- Singh, J. L. and Swarup, D. (1999). Biochemical changes in serum and urine in bovine fluorosis. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 69: 776-778.
- Singh, R. and Misra, S. (2014). Fluorine content in water and prevalence of fluorosis in Kanpur city. Asian Journal of Dairy and Food Research 33: 234-236.
- Singh, S., Bansal, M. L., Singh, T. P. and Kumar, R. (1998). Statistical Methods for Research Workers. Kalyani Publishers, New Delhi.
- Suttle, J. W., Carlson, J. R. and Faltin, E. C. (1972). Effects of alternating periods of high and low fluoride ingestion on dairy cattle. Journal of Dairy Science 55:790-804.
- Swarup, D. and Dwivedi, S. K. (2002). Environmental Pollution and Effects of Lead and Fluoride on Animal Health. Indian Council of Agricultural Research, Pusa, New Delhi.
- Swarup, D., Dey, S., Patra, R. C., Dwivedi, S. K. and Ali, S. L. (2001). Clinico-epidemiological observation of industrial bovine fluorosis in India. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 71: 1111-1115.
- Taussky, H. H. and Shorr, E. (1953). A micro colorimetric method for determination of inorganic phosphorus. Journal of Biological Chemistry 202: 675-685.
- Underwood, E. J. and Suttle, N. F. (1999). The Mineral Nutrition of Livestock.(3rd Edn). CABI Publishing, Oxon, UK.
- Vashishth, S. N., Kapoor, V., Lall, D. and Kumar, R. (1998). Mineral status and serum alkaline phosphatase activity in lambs fed diets supplemented with fluorine and boron. Indian Veterinary Journal 75: 17-21.
- World Health Organisation. 1984. Guidelines For Drinking Water Quality. Volume 1, Recommendations. Geneva.
Submitted Date : 22-05-2017
Accepted Date : 9-06-2017