- Ali, T. E. and Schaeffer, L. R. (1987). Accounting for covariances among test day milk yields in dairy cows. Can. J. Anim. Sci. 67(3): 637-644.
- Aziz, M.A., Shalaby, N.A., El-Shafie, O.M., Mahdy, A.T., Nishida, A. (2006). Comparison between the shapes of lactation curve of Egyptian buffalo milk yield estimated by the incomplete gamma function and a new model. Livest. Res. Rural Dev. 18(5):59.
- Banik, S. and Gandhi, R. S. (2006). Animal model versus conventional methods of sire evaluation in Sahiwal cattle. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 19(9): 1225-1228.
- Catillo G., Macciotta N.P.P., Carretta A., Cappio Borlino A. (2002). Effects of age and calving eeason on lactation curves of milk production traits in Italian water buffaloes. J. Dairy Sci. 85 (5):1298-1306.
- Dimauro, C., Catillo, G., Bacciu, N., Macciotta, N.P.P. (2005). Fit of different linear models to the lactation curve of Italian water buffalo. Italian J. Anim. Sci. 4:22-24.
- Dongre, V.B. and Gandhi, R.S. (2014). Study on sire evaluation methods in Sahiwal cattle. Indian J. Vet. & Anim. Sci. Res., 43 (3):174 – 179.
- Guo, Z. and Swalve, H. H. (1995). Comparison of different lactation curve sub-models in test day models. Proc. Interbull Mtg. Vienna, Austria Interbull Bull.No.16.
- Harvey, W. R. (1979). Accuracy of simplified regressed least-squares (SRLS) vs. BLUP methods for ranking sires. Indian J. Anim. Genet. Breed. 1(1): 7-19.
- Harvey, W. R. (1990). User’s guide for LSMLMW, mixed model least-squares and maximum likelihood computer program, Ohio State Univ., Columbus, Mimeo.
- Henderson, C. R. (1975). Use of relationships among sires to increase accuracy of sire evaluation. J. Dairy Sci. 58(11): 1731-1738.
- Katneni, V.K. (2007). Studies on genetic persistency of milk production in Murrah buffaloes. Ph.D. Thesis, NDRI (Deemed University), Karnal, Haryana, India.
- Kumar, S. (2007). A comparative study of lactation curve models for prediction of lactation milk yield in Murrah buffaloes. M.V.Sc. Thesis, NDRI (Deemed University), Karnal, Haryana, India.
- Kumar, V., Chakravarty, A. K., Patil, C. S., Shivahre, P. R., Gupta, A. (2015). Comparison among different conventional methods of sire evaluation in Murrah buffalo. Indian J. Anim. Sci 85(6): 670-673.
- Macciotta, N., Vicario, D., Cappio-Borlino, A. (2005). Detection of different shapes of lactation curve for milk yield in dairy cattle by empirical mathematical models. J. Dairy Sci. 88: 1166– 1177.
- Meyer, K. (2007). WOMBAT- A tool for mixed model analyses in quantitative genetics by REML. J. Zhejiang Univ. Sci. 8(11): 815-821.
- Rana, J.S. (2008). Genetic evaluation of Murrah buffalo sires based on part lactation and test day milk yield records. Ph.D. Thesis submitted to Ch. Charan Singh University, Meerut (UP).
- Singh, M., Singh, A., Gupta, A.K., Chakravarty, A.K., Prakash, V., Singh, A., Sahoo, S.K. (2014). Relative effectiveness of best linear unbiased prediction-animal model vis-à-vis other sire evaluation methods for genetic evaluation of Murrah sires. Indian J. Dairy Sci. 67(6):510-514.
- Wood, P. D. P. (1967). Algebraic model of lactation curve in cattle. Nature 216: 164-165. doi:10.1038/216164a0.
Submitted Date : 5-05-2017
Accepted Date : 8-06-2017