- Andersen, J. B. T. G., Madsen, T., Larsen, K. L., Ingvartsen and Nielsen, M. O. (2005). The effects of dry period versus continuous lactation on metabolic status and performance in peri-parturient cows. J. Dairy Sci. 88:3530-3541.
- Anitha, A., SarjanRao, K., Suresh, J., SrinivasaMoorthy, P., Reddy, Y. and Reddy, K. (2010). Development of the body condition score system in Murrah buffaloes: Validation through ultrasonic assessment of body fat reserves. J. Vet. Sci.11:1-8.
- AOAC, (2007). Official Methods of Analysis, Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Edn.13th., Washington, D.C, USA.
- Drackley, J. K., Overton, T. R. and Douglas, G. N. (2001). Adaptations of glucose and long-chain fatty acid metabolism in liver of dairy cows during the peri-parturient period. J. Dairy Sci. 84(E. Suppl.):E100-E112.
- Duncan, D.B. (1955). Multiple range and multiple F tests. Biometrics 11:1
- Gerloff, B. J. (2000). Dry cow management for the prevention of ketosis and fatty liver in dairy cows.Vet. clinics N. America:food anim. Prac.16, 283-292.
- Gulay, M. S., Hayen, M. J., Head, H. H., Wilcox, C. J. and Bachman, K. C. (2005). Milk production from Holstein half udders after concurrent thirty- and seventy-day dry periods. J. Dairy Sci. 88:3953-3962.
- Kalaitzakis, E., Roubies, N., Panousis, N., Pourliotis, K., Kaldrymidou, E. and Karatzias, H. (2007). Clinicopathological evaluation of hepatic lipidosis in peri-parturient dairy cattle. J. Vet. Int. Med.21:835-845.
- Mashalji, P., Siddiqui, M. F., Channa G. R., Ingle V. S, and Kankarne Y. G. (2016). Correlation of Body condition score, weight, measurements and effect of parity and stage of lactation on milk parameters of Gir cows. Indian J. Anim. Res. 50(2): 255-259.
- Morrow,D.A.(1976).Fat cow syndrome. J.Dairy Sci.59:1625-1629.
- Pezeshki, A., Mehrzad, J., Ghorbani, G. R. and Burvenich, C. (2008). Effects of short dry periods on performance and metabolic status in Holstein dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci. 90(12): 5531-5541.
- Raju, J., Reddy, P., Reddy, A., Kumar, C., and Hyder, I. (2017). Livestock feed resources in surplus rainfall Agro ecological zones of Andhra Pradesh: Requirement, availability and their management. Int. J. Livestock Res., 7(2): 148–163.
- Rastani, R. R., Grummer, R. R., Bertics, S. J., Gumen, A., Wiltbank, M. C., Mashek, D. G. and Schwab, M. C. (2005). Reducing dry period length to simplify feeding transition cows: Milk production, energy balance, and metabolic profiles. J. Dairy Sci. 88: 1004-1014.
- Reddy, P. R. K., Raju, J. K., Reddy, A. N., Reddy P. P. R. and Hyder, I. (2016). Transition period and its successful management in dairy cows. Indian J. Nat. Sci. 7(38): 11691-11699.
- Rice, V. A., Andrews, F. N., Warnwick, K. and Legates, J. E. (1970). Breeding and Improvement of farm animals, 6th ed. Tata .Mcgrah Hill Publishing Company Ltd. Bombay, India.
- Samanc, H., Kirovski, D., Jovanovic, M., Vujanac, I., Bojkovic kovacevic, S., Jakicdimic, D., Prodanovic, R. and Stajkovic, S. (2010). New insights into body condition score and its association with fatty liver in Holstein dairy cows. Actaveterinaria (Beograd). 60:525-540.
- Sastry, N. S. R., Thomas, C. K. and Sing, R. A. (1983). Shaffer’s formula for body weights of cattle described in farm animal management and poultry production 5th edition, Vikas publishing house India.
- Snedecor, G. W. and Cochran, W. G. (1994). Statistical Methods, 8th edn, Iowa State University Press, Ames, Iowa USA-50010.
- Van Soest, P. J., Robertson, J. B. and Lew, B. A. (1991). Methods for dietary fiber, neutral detergent fiber, and nonstarch polysaccharides in relation to animal nutrition. J. Dairy Sci.74:3583-3597.
- Wathes, D. C., Cheng, Z., Chowdhury, W., Fenwick, M. A., Fitzpatrick, R., Morris, D. G., Patton, J., Murphy, J. J. (2009). Negative energy balance alters global gene expression and immune responses in the uterus of postpartum dairy cows. Phys. genom. 39(1): 1-13.
- Watters, R. D., Guenther, J. N., Brickner, A. E., Rastani, R. R. and Crump, P. M. et al. (2008). Effects of dry period length on milk production and health of dairy cattle. J. Dairy Sci. 91: 2595-2603.
- Weber, C., Losand, B., Tuchscherer, A., Rehbock, F., Blum, E., Yang, W. and Bruckmairer, R. M. et al. (2015). Effects of dry period length on milk production, body condition, metabolites and hepatic glucose metabolism in dairy cows. J.Dairy Sci. 98: 1772-1785.
- Weber, C., Hametner, C., Tuchscherer, A., Losand, B., Kanitz, E., Otten, W. and Singh, S. P., et al. (2013). Variation in fat mobilization during early lactation differently affects feed intake, body condition, and lipid and glucose metabolism in high-yielding dairy cows. J.Dairy Sci. 96: 165-180.
- Yilmaz A, Ocak E, Kose S. (2016). A research on milk yield, milk composition and body weights of Anatolian buffaloes. Indian J. Anim. Res. Article No: B-486. Doi 10.18805/ijar.11474
Submitted Date : 17-03-2017
Accepted Date : 21-04-2017