- Aghsaghali, A.M. and Sis, N.M. (2011). Importance of “physically effective fibre” in ruminant nutrition: A review. Ann. Biol. Res. 2(3): 262-270.
- Allen, M.S. (2000). Effects of diet on short-term regulation of feed intake by lactating dairy cattle. J. Dairy Sci. 83(7): 1598-1624.
- AOAC. (2012). Official Methods of Analysis (19th Ed.). Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington, D. C. pp. 1-77.
- Broderick, G. A. (2003). Effects of varying dietary protein and energy levels on the production of lactating dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci. 86(4): 1370–1381.
- Chizzotti, M.L., Son, S.D.C.V., Valdares, R.F.D., Chizzotti, F.H.M., Marcondes, M.I. and Fonseca, M.A. (2007). Intake, digestibility and nitrogen metabolism in Holstein cows with different milk production levels. R. Bras. Zootec. 36(1): 138-146.
- Chumpawadee, S., Sommart, K., Vongpralub, T. and Pattarajinda, V. (2006). In sacco degradation characteristics of crop residues and selected roughages in Brahman –Thai native crossbred steers. Kasetsart J. (Nat. Sci.). 40: 204-214.
- Dado, R.G. and Allen, M.S. (1995). Intake limitations, feeding behaviour and rumen functions of cows challenged with rumen fill from dietary fibre or inert bulk. J. Dairy Sci. 78(1): 118-133.
- Datta, D. (2013). Indian Fodder Management towards 2030: A Case of Vision or Myopia. Int.J. Manag. Soc. Sci. Res. 2(2): 33-41.
- Ensminger, M. E., Oldfield, J. E. and Heineman, W. W. (1990). Feeds and Nutrition. (2nd Ed.), Ensminger publishing company. California, USA. 1511p.
- Girdhar, N. and Balaraman, N. (2005). Nutrient utilisation, balances of Ca, P and N in lactating crossbred cows fed berseem fodder based total mixed ration containing different levels of energy and protein. Indian J. Anim. Sci. 75(1): 47-51.
- Gupta, R.B., Tiwari, D.P. and Kumar, A. (2006). Effect of feeding complete ration vis-a -vis conventional ration on nutrient utilisation and rumen metabolism in crossbred cattle. Indian J. Anim. Sci. 76(1): 55-60.
- Hundal, J.S., Gupta, R.P., Wadhwa, M. and Bakshi, M.P.S. (2004). Effect of feeding total mixed ration on the productive performance of dairy cattle. Anim. Nutr. Feed Technol. 4: 179-186.
- ICAR. (1998). cited by Ranjhan, S.K. in Nutrient requirements of Livestock and Poultry. (2nd Ed.). Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi. p.4.
- Kelzer, J. M., Kononoff, P. J., Gehman, A. M., Tedeschi, L. O., Karges, K. and Gibson, M. L. (2009). Effects of feeding three types of corn-milling coproducts on milk production and ruminal fermentation of lactating Holstein cattle. J. Dairy Sci. 92(10): 5120–5132.
- Lailer, P.C., Dahiya, S. S. and Chauhan, T. R. (2005). Complete feed for livestock concept, present status and future trend: A review. Indian. J. Anim. Sci. 75(1): 84-91.
- Linton, J. A. V. and Allen, M.S. (2007). Nutrient demand affects ruminal digestion responses to a change in dietary forage concentration. J. Dairy Sci. 90(10): 4770-4779.
- NRC (2001). Nutrient requirements for dairy cattle. (7th Ed). National Acad. Sci., Washington, D.C. USA. p. 408.
- Pandya, P.R., Gupta, R.S., Talpada, P.M., Patel, G.R. and Desai, M.C. (2005). Effect of complete feeds based on wheat straw and Prosopis juliflora pods on growth and reproductive performance in growing crossbred heifers. Indian J. Anim. Sci. 75(1): 56-59.
- Ruiz, M., Bernal, E., Staples, C. R., Sollenberger, L. E., Gallaher, R. N. (1995). Effect of dietary neutral detergent fibre concentration and forage source on performance of lactating cows. J. Dairy Sci. 78(2): 1995.
- Sadagopan, V. R. and Sunder, G. S. (1997). Quality control of feed ingredients and compounded feed for sustainable milk and egg production. In: Proceedings of VIII Animal Nutrition Research Workers Conference; 12th to 14th December, 1997, Chennai. Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University. pp. 30-37.
- Snedecor, G.W. and Cochran, W.G. (1994). Statistical Methods. (8th Ed.). The Iowa State University Press, Ames, IA. 314p.
- Stone, W. C. (2004). Nutritional approaches to minimize subacute ruminal acidosis and laminitis in dairy cattle. J. Dairy Sci. 87(E. Suppl.): 13–26.
- Van Soest, P. J., Robertson, J.B. and Lewis, B.A. (1991). Methods for dietary fibre, neutral detergent fibre and non starch polysaccharides in relation to animal nutrition. J. Dairy Sci. 74: 3583–3597.
- Yang, W.Z. and Beauchemin, K. A. (2005). Effects of physically effective fibre on digestion and milk production by dairy cows fed diets based on corn silage. J. Dairy Sci. 88(3): 1090-1098.
Submitted Date : 11-01-2017
Accepted Date : 25-01-2018