- AOAC. (2012). Official Methods of Analysis. 19th ed. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA
- Apple, J.K., Maxwell, C.V., Kutz, B.R., Rakes, L.K., Sawyer, J.T., Johnson, Z.B., Armstrong, T.A. and Carr, S.N. (2008). Interactive effect of ractopamine and dietary fat source on pork quality characteristics of fresh pork chops during simulated retail display. J. Anim. Sci. [online]. Available: http://jas.fass.org/content/early /jas.2007-0327.[23 May 2008].
- Baudon, E.C., Hancock, J.D. and Llanes, N. (2003). Added fat in diets for pigs in early and late finishing. Swine Day 9: 155-158.
- Brumm, M.C. and Peo, E.R. (1994). Effect of fat source in receiving diets and reduced nocturnal temperatures on commingled feeder pig performance. J. Anim. Sci. 72: 1522-1529.
- Campbell, R.G. (2005). Fats in pig diets: beyond their contribution to energy content. Recent Adv. Anim. Nutr. Aust. 15: 15-19.
- Chen, Y.J., Kim, I.H., Cho, J.H., Yoo, J.S., Wang, Q., Wang, Y. and Huang, Y. (2008). Evaluation of dietary L-carnitine or garlic powder on growth performance, dry matter and nitrogen digestibilities, blood profiles and meat quality in finishing pigs. Anim. Feed Sci. Technol. 141: 141-152.
- Eder, K., Ramanau, A. and Kluge, H. (2002). Effects of L-carnitine supplementation on performance parameters in gilts and sows. J. Anim. Physiol. Anim. Nutr. 85: 73-80.
- Han, Y. and Thacker, P.A. (2006). Effects of L-carnitine, selenium-enriched yeast, jujube fruit and hwangto (red clay) supplementation on performance and carcass measurements of finishing pigs. Asian- Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 19(2): 217-223.
- Heo, K. (2000). Nutritional and metabolic assessment of carnitine for young pigs. Graduate Thesis. North Carolina State University. Raleigh, NC. 232p.
- Heo, K., Odle, J. and Han, I.K. (2000a). Effects of dietary L-carnitine and protein level on plasma carnitine, energy and carnitine balance, and carnitine biosynthesis of 20 kg pigs. Asian Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 13: 1568-1575.
- James, B.W., Tokach, M.D., Goodband, R.D., Nelssen, J.L., Dritz, S.S., Owen, K.Q., Woodworth, J.C. (2014). Interactive effects of dietary ractopamine HCl and L-carnitine on finishing pigs: É. Growth performance. J. Anim. Sci. 91: 3265-3271.
- James, B.W., Tokach, M.D., Goodband, R.D., Nelssen, J.L., Dritz, S.S., Owen, K.Q., Woodworth, J.C. and Sulabo, R.C. (2013). Effects of dietary L-carnitine and ractopamine HCl on the metabolic response to handling in finishing pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 91: 4426-4439.
- Lauridsen, C., Christensen, T.B., Halekoh, U. and Jensen, S.K. (2007). Alternative fat sources to animal fat for pigs. Lipid Technol. 19(7): 156-159.
- Leibbrandt, V.D., Hays, V.W, Ewan, R.C. and Speer, V.C. (1975). Effect of fat on performance of baby and growing pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 40(6): 1081-1085.
- Mendoza, S.M. and Heugten, E. (2014). Effects of dietary lipid sources on performance and apparent total tract digestibility of lipids and energy when fed to nursery pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 92: 627-636.
- Mitchaothai, J., Everts, H., Yuangklang, C., Wittayakun, S., Vasupen, K., Wongsuthavas, S., Srenanul, P., Hovenier, R. and Beynen, A.C. (2008a). Digestion and deposition of individual fatty acids in growing-finishing pigs fed diets containing either beef tallow or sunflower oil. J. Anim. Physiol. Anim. Nutr. 92(4): 502-510.
- NRC [National Research Council]. (1998). Nutrient Requirement of Swine (10th Ed.). National Academy of Sciences, Washington, D.C., 210p.
- Overland, M. and Sundstol, F. (1995). Effects of lecithin on fat utilization by weanling pigs. Livestock. Prod. Sci. 41: 217-224.
- Piao, X.S., Jin, J., Kim, J.H., Kim, J.D., Shin, I.S. and Han, I.K. (2000). Utilization of fat sources in pigs weaned at 21 days of age. Asian-Aus. J. Anim. Sci. 13(9): 1255-1262.
- Rekiel, A. and Zackiewic, U. (2004). Production results of fatteners fed a diet supplemented with L-carnitine. Annu. Anim.Sci. Supplement. 2: 181-185.
- Rincker, M.J., Carter, S.D., Real, D.E., Nelssen, J.L., Tokach, M.D., Goodband, R.D., Dritz, S.S., Senne, B.W., Fent, R.W., Pettey, L.A. and Owen, K.Q. (2003). Effects of increasing dietary L-carnitine on growth performance of weanling pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 81: 2259-2269.
- Shurson, G.C., Kerr, B.J. and Hanson, A.R. (2015). Evaluating the quality of feed fats and oils and their effects on pig growth performance. J. Anim. Sci. Biotechnol. 6: 10-18.
- Snedecor, G.W. and Cochran, W.G. (1994). Statistical Methods. (8th Ed.). The Iowa State University press, Ames, IA. 314p.
Submitted Date : 26-11-2016
Accepted Date : 29-03-2017