- Aggarwal, A. (2004). Effect of environment on hormones, blood metabolites, milk production and composition under two sets of management in cows and buffaloes. PhD Thesis Submitted to National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal (Haryana), India.
- Aggarwal, A. and Singh, M. (2008). Changes in skin and rectal temperature in lactating buffaloes provided with showers and wallowing during hot-dry season. Tropical Animal Health and Production, 40: 223-228.
- Anderson, N. (2002). Observations on cow comfort using 24 hour time lapse video. Pages 27-34 in Proceeding 12th International Symposium on Lameness in Ruminaants. Orlando, Florida.
- Cappa, V., Vazahapilly, P., Maianti, M. G., Lombardelli, R and Frazzi, G. (1989). Effect of environmental variations (microclimate) on the performance of dairy cows. Scienza-e-Technical-Lattiero-casearia, 40(2): 98-115.
- El-Kaschab, S. O., Saddick, I. S., and El-Aref, M. (2009). Evaluating of housing systems comfort using behavioural activities in buffalo calves. In Proceedings of the 2nd Scientific Conference of animal wealth research in the Middle East and North Africa, Cairo International Convention Center, 24-26 October, 2009(pp. 18-36). Massive Conferences and Trade Fairs.
- Ferreira, F., Pires, M. F. A., Martinez, M. L., Coelho, S. G., Carvalho, A. U., Ferreira, P. M., Facury F. E.J.and Campos, W. E. (2006). Parâmetros fisiológicos de bovinos cruzados submetidos ao estresse calórico. Arquivo Brasileiro de Medicina Veterinária e Zootecnia.
- Habeeb, A. A. M., Aboulnaga, A. J. and Kamal, T. H. (2001). Heat – induced changes in body water concentration, Ts, cortisol, glucose and cholesterol level and their relationships with thermoneutral body weight gain in Frisian calves. Proceedings of 2nd International conference on Animal production and health in semi-arid Areas, El-Arish, North Sinai, Egypt, 97-108.
- Hatem, M. H. R., Sadek, R. and Samer, M. (2004). Cooling, shed height, and shed orientation affecting dairy cows microclimate. Journal of Agriculture and Engineering, 21(3): 714–726.
- Joshi R. K. (2014). Studies on performance and behaviour of crossbred cows housed under an improved loose housed system. M.V.Sc. Thesis, ICAR NDRI Karnal, Haryana, India.
- Katakatalware, M. A. (2004). Studies on production performance, behaviour and physiological parameter of crossbred dairy cow under different shelter management system. PhD thesis, National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal, India.
- Khongdee, T., Sripoon, S. And Vajrabukka, C. (2013). The effects of high temperature and roof modification on physiological responses of swamp buffalo (Bubalusbubalis) in the tropics International Journal of Biometeorol, 57: 349–354.
- Marai, I. F. M. And Habeeb, A. A. M. (2010). Buffalo’s biological functions as affected by heat stress—a review. Livestock Science, 127: 89–109.
- Scott, I. M., Johnson, H. D. and Hahn, G. L. (1983). Effect of programmed diurnal temperature cycles on plasma thyroxine level, body temperature, and feed intake of Holstein dairy cows. International Journal of Biometeorol, 27: 47–62.
- Sinha R. (2015). Effect of modified housing system on performance and behaviour of crossbred cows during hot humid and autumn seasons. M. V. Sc. Thesis submitted to NDRI, Karnal, Haryana.
- Snedecor G. W. and Cochran, W. G. (1994). Statistical Methods. Oxford and IBH Publications, New Delhi.
- SPSS, (1996). Statistical Software Package for the Social Sciences. SPSS Int., USA.
- Yadav, B., Pandey, V., Yadav, S., Singh, Y., Kumar V. and Sirohi, R. (2016). Effect of misting and wallowing cooling systems on milk yield, blood and physiological variables during heat stress in lactating Murrah buffalo. Journal of Animal Science and Technology, 58: 2-10.
Submitted Date : 14-09-2016
Accepted Date : 11-03-2017