Association of TLR4 gene polymorphism with mastitis resistance and susceptibility in Frieswal cattle
Citation :- Association of TLR4 gene polymorphism with mastitis resistance and susceptibility in Frieswal cattle.Indian Journal Of Animal Research.2015.(49):48-50
Toll-like receptors (TLRs) are essential in the host defense against microbial pathogens. Individual TLRs recognize distinct structural components of pathogens and evoke inflammatory responses. In the present study, the amplicon of 316 bp of TLR4 gene was amplified in the thermal cycler (Gene Amp 6700, Applied Biosystem) using the primers of TLR4 gene and the genetic polymorphism was detected by Single Strand Conformation Ploymorphism (SSCP). The SSCP analysis of 316 bp region of TLR4 gene revealed similar type of SSCP patterns in healthy, subclinical and clinical mastitis cases suggesting that Frieswal cattle is monomorphic for TLR4 gene.
Genetic polymer prism
- Capuco, A. V., Ellis, S. E. Hale, S. A. Long, E. Erdman, R. A. Zhao, X. and Paape M. J. (2003). Lactation persistency: Insights from mammary cell proliferation studies. J. Anim. Sci., 81: 18-31.
- Halasa, T., Huijps, K. Osteras O. and Hogeveen H (2007). Economic effects of bovine mastitis and mastitis management: a review. Vet. Q., 29: 18–31.
- Hansen, P. J., Soto, P. and Natzke R.P. (2004). Mastitis and fertility in cattle – possible involvement of inflammation or immune activation in embryonic mortality. Am. J. Reprod. Immunol., 51(4): 294-301.
- John, S.W., Weitzner, G. Rozen R. and Scriver C.R. (1991).A rapid procedure for extracting genomic DNA from leukocytes.Nucl. Acids Res.,19(2): 408.
- Ohkuni, T., Kojima, T. Ogasawara, N. Masaki, T. Fuchimoto, J. Kamekura, R. Koizumi, J.I. Ichimiya, S. Murata, M. Tanaka, S. Himi, T. and Sawada N. (2011). Poly(I:C) reduces expression of JAM-A and induces secretion of IL-8 and TNF- [alpha] via distinct NF-[kappa]B pathways in human nasal epithelial cells. Toxicol. and App. Pharmacol., 250(1): 29-38.
- Schukken, Y. H., Hertl, J. Bar, D. Bennett, G.J. Gonzalez, R.N. Rauch, B.J. Santisteban, C. Schulte, H.F. Tauer, L. Welcome, F.L. and Grohn Y.T. (2009). Effects of repeated gram-positive and gram-negative clinical mastitis episodes on milk yield loss in Holstein dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci., 92(7): 3091-3105.
- Theiner, G., Robner, S. Dalpke, A. Bode, K. Berger, T. Gessner, A. and Lutz M.B. (2008). TLR9 cooperates with TLR4 to increase IL-12 release by murine dendritic cells. Mol. Immunol., 45(1): 244-252.
- Underhill, D.M. and Ozinsky A. (2002). Toll-like receptors: key mediators of microbe detection. Curr. Opin. Immunol., 14(1): 103-110.
- Youngerman, S.M., Oliver, S.P. Saxton, A.M. Edwards, J.L. Schrick, F.N. Davies C.J. and Pighetti G.M. (2004). A Novel Candidate Genetic Marker for Mastitis Resistance in Jersey Cattle.The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN1 Washington State University, Pullman, Washington.