NUTRIENT DIGESTIBILITY AND GROWTH PERFORMANCE OF FAITENING MALE KIDS FED DIFFERENT ENERGY DIETS
Citation :- NUTRIENT DIGESTIBILITY AND GROWTH PERFORMANCE OF FAITENING MALE KIDS FED DIFFERENT ENERGY DIETS.Indian Journal Of Animal Research.2003.(37):139 - 141
Eighteen weaned Osmanabadi kids were randomly divided into 3 groups. Each group was fed green dashrath ad lib. and a homemade concentrate mixture providing either 90, 100 or 110% energy. The nutritive value of green dashrath was 16% DCP and 56.9% TDN. Keeping three concentrate mixtures iso-proteinous, the TDN values were 63.0 for T1, 70.0 for T2 and 77.0% for T3 56-days observation on body weight gains were analysed using RBD. No significant differences (P < 0.05) in the gains in body weights of the growing kids among various energy fevels could be recorded. It was concluded that satisfactory growth of Osmanabadi weaned kids for fattening can be obtained on the ration with up to 70% TDN
- A.OAC. (1984). Official Methods of Analysis 14th ed. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington, O.C.
- Balasubramanya, H,u..and Mudgal, V.O. (1983)./ndianJ. Anim. Sci., 53: 1199-1208.
- Bhuyan, R. etal (19':i7)./ndianJ. Anim. Nutri., 14: 20-24.
- Oevendra and Mcleroy (1982). Goat and Sheep Production in the Tropics. 1" edn. Longman Group Umited, Longman House, Burnt Hill, Harlow, Essex, UK
- El. Gallad, T.T. et al Nutri. Abstr. Rev., 60: 2009.
- Garg, M.C. etal (1994). /ndianJ. Anim. Prod. Mgmt., 10: 147-151.
- Kaldate O.S. (1982). M.Sc. (Agri) Thesis submitted to the Marathwada Agricultural University Parbhani.
- Upase, B.T. (1995). /ndianJ. Anim. Prod. Mgmt., 11: 3742.
- Snedecor, G.W. and Cochran, W.G. (1980). Statistical Methods. 6th edn. IBH Publishing Company, Calcutta.