GROWTH PERFORMANCE OF CROSSBRED CALVES ON PARTIAL REPLACEMENT OF COW MILK PROTEIN BY SOYMILK PROTEIN
Citation :- GROWTH PERFORMANCE OF CROSSBRED CALVES ON PARTIAL REPLACEMENT OF COW MILK PROTEIN BY SOYMILK PROTEIN.Indian Journal Of Animal Research.2003.(37):110 - 112
Eighteen crossbred calves (H.F. × Deoni) of 15 days old of both the sexes were randomly divided into three homogenous groups in respect of their body weight. These three groups were subjected to different feeding rations namely. (T1) fed complete whole milk, (T2) 30 per cent soymilk + 70 per cent whole milk and (T3) 40 per cent soymilk + 60 per cent whole cow milk. The trial was conducted for 63 days. The average daily weight gain were found to be 363.75, 334.65 and 301.58 g/day in the treatment T1, T2 and T3 respectively. The significant difference was found in total body weight gainand daily body weight gain, among the treatments. The cost per kg body weight gain was significantly higher in the treatment T1 (Rs. 48.47) than T2 (Rs. 39.14) and T3 (Rs. 37.80) treatments. Forty per cent replacement of cow milk protein by soymilk protein was found to be economical without any ill effect on the health of calves.
- AggarwaIa, A.C. and Sharma, R.M. (1961). Laboratory Manual of Milk Inspection: Section 6: 152-154.
- A.O.A.C. (1975). Official Method of Analysis of the Association Official Analytical Chemist. Method No. 16.035 and 16.036.
- Federer, W.T. (1969). Experimental Design Theory and Practice. Oxford and ISH Publishing Co. Calcutta.
- Huber, J.T. and Campos. O.F. (1982). J. Dairy Sci., 65: 2351-2356.
- MittaI, M. et a/. (1976). Indian J. Nutri. Diet., 13: 185-188.
- Nitsan, Z. eta/. (1972). J. DairySci., 55: 811-820.
- Prakash, C. eta/. (1975). J. Fd. Sci. Techno/., 12: 163-165.
- Ranjhan, S.K. (1980). A Textbook of Animal Nutrition in Tropics. Vikas Publishing House Pvt. Ltd. New Delhi. Edn-1. PP. 238-239.
- Raut, M.P. (1994). M. Sc. Thesis, MAU., Parbhani.
- Wilson, G.F. et a/. (1992). Nutri. Abstr. Rev., 62: 539.